Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gym Fillers

Go down 
+7
Boy
darkcharizard
darkjedi96
Chrono
G-dos
Mercury
null
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Gym Fillers
Good Idea
Gym Fillers - Page 2 I_vote_lcap36%Gym Fillers - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
Bad Idea
Gym Fillers - Page 2 I_vote_lcap43%Gym Fillers - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
Wtf
Gym Fillers - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Gym Fillers - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
You Suck
Gym Fillers - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Gym Fillers - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Commas Rule
Gym Fillers - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Gym Fillers - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Meep
Gym Fillers - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%Gym Fillers - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Monkey
Rookie
Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 68
Friend Code : 0860 0607 3177
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Gym Fillers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 2:31 pm

@Justin, my point was a the gym leaders, read the post so far, only those 3 gyms said yes

@Boy, i never said yes for E4, i said 1 if any(i think no for them is best), but if anyone they should be allowed one, they have proved themselfs to be strong gym leaders(without fillers) so they may be cut a break, also being a gym leader isn't as big of a resonsibility as an E4 member(no offence), so if anyon gets a break it should be them(honestly, i'm against both having fillers), as for your point with gyms/E4 having 3-5 members, i accually like that idea, but it'd only work if you had an order to the gyms, it can't go from 5 guys to 3 ant the next(and yes all E4 had 5, Champion=6)
so i guess we'd agree on neither having fillers, lol

@Merc., your EV's/Natures/Moves should be the surprising factor in a gym, not the acual pokemon

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male
Number of posts : 498
Friend Code : Diamond: 1891 3086 3833
Platinum: 5327 8963 7352
Soul Silver: 2665 3592 3834
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 8:16 am

i dont think any of the current E4 were actually previous gym leaders though.. Maple was but he was banned lol. So it's not really fair to say that they "deserve" a break. But anywho you're right in saying EVs/Natures/Movesets should be the surprise, but the 1 pokemon of the 6 you have could be the deciding factor in a match and other stuff. lol

by the way monkey, that Kass comment in your sig "[22:19:51] @ Kassandra : boy your gonna wake up one night tied to a fence pole in your underwear". Is that referring to me?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Admin
Admin
Chris

Male
Number of posts : 705
Friend Code : 1118 8172 5961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 9:13 am

Boy wrote:
i dont think any of the current E4 were actually previous gym leaders though.. Maple was but he was banned lol. So it's not really fair to say that they "deserve" a break.

FYI Ixion and I were Gym Leaders before being promoted, by Rayquaza, to Elite 4 when we were in need of some more Gym Leader spots. This all happened before you joined here...

As for Darkjedi, he passed the standard Gym Leader test but showed a certain skill beyond that of the normal Gym Leader and so, with mine and Ray's joint decision, he was made Elite 4. I remember at the time Boy, you had recently tried out for Steel Gym. I was discussing with Ray on both yours and darkjedi's skill in order to determine who would attain the final Elite 4 spot.

Boy wrote:
I wouldn't exactly say the E4 are tougher, since there hasn't been actual tournaments for E4 placings. While i don't doubt that the current three E4 are indeed tough battlers, there just isn't solid proof that they are the best out of the gym leaders and elite 4.

On your earlier point, we have tried to have Gym Leader and Elite 4 tourneys yet as usual, people did not comply with deadlines and also, there was the issue on type match-ups. It's not easy to match up types in a way to guarantee fair battles. As I mentioned before, the Elite 4 placings were decided by Rayquaza, who subsequently battled the majority of the current Gym Leaders and Elite 4 to establish that they were worthy of their placements.

Anyways, I'd like to move back on topic. This topic is about why Gym Leaders should or shouldn't have fillers. It's not a topic for Boy to slam the Elite 4 and the rules which were made by Rayquaza during his creation of the Elite 4. I'm looking to see benefits/negatives of the Gym Leaders having fillers. Also, this is an issue regarding the Gym Leaders. I'm considering asking all of the Gym Leaders, no one else, on their views on the matter in order to determine whether or not Gym Leaders should have fillers. After all, since its the Gym Leaders who will be primarily affected by the decision on this matter, it is their views that should be paramount whilst we decide.
Back to top Go down
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male
Number of posts : 498
Friend Code : Diamond: 1891 3086 3833
Platinum: 5327 8963 7352
Soul Silver: 2665 3592 3834
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 9:43 am

I never once slammed the e4, if i have, please quote it. I was merely expressing what i think and none of it was actually intended to "slam" the e4. But if you think i have then i apologise as you are clearly agitated 0_o.

but as a former GL i think they should be allowed fillers as I almost had my whole team swept by one pokemon which was specifically tailored to beat every pokemon of my type.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gym Fillers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2