Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gym Fillers

Go down 
+7
Boy
darkcharizard
darkjedi96
Chrono
G-dos
Mercury
null
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Gym Fillers
Good Idea
Gym Fillers I_vote_lcap36%Gym Fillers I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
Bad Idea
Gym Fillers I_vote_lcap43%Gym Fillers I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
Wtf
Gym Fillers I_vote_lcap0%Gym Fillers I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
You Suck
Gym Fillers I_vote_lcap0%Gym Fillers I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Commas Rule
Gym Fillers I_vote_lcap7%Gym Fillers I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Meep
Gym Fillers I_vote_lcap14%Gym Fillers I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
null
Trainer
Trainer
null

Male
Number of posts : 392
Friend Code : n/a
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:40 pm

I like Gyms and E4s should be allowed ONE, JUST ONE, filler pokemon. Like on my gym, people abuse EQ All the time. I would have an i.e. Togekiss, which is Immune to Ground. Or maybe something else like grass.... anyway, this way, we have a slim chance of defeating SE-Abbusers (Super Effective). Any Questions, Comments?? No? Then Vote! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Mercury
Mercury

Male
Number of posts : 552
Friend Code : Platinum FC-1548 5398 5890
Pearl FC-0990 1089 5394
SSBB-2278 0801 1238
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:43 pm

I think it's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
G-dos
G-dos

Male
Number of posts : 153
Friend Code : Platinum: 2407 1315 6726
Name: Ken
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:34 pm

No if your good with your type you should be able to stop it.
Gyms are not eWater + a type that kill can water so you can't beat all my pokemon.
or
Elec + a ground so you can't kill my grounded elec pokemon when you use EQ.
Gyms should stay as is there are pokemon in all types that can defened at least one of their weakness.
Back to top Go down
Chrono
Admin
Admin
Chrono

Male
Number of posts : 1504
Ribbons : Gym Fillers Chrono12
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:45 pm

Meep.
Meep.
(this is not a spam because soccerryle put that comment in the selection so Razz).

Well to me honnest I don't really know you see dark pokemon already come with pokemon to defend them from there weekness. But I gess if I have to agree I would say the filler should have something in common I e. Charizard in a dragon team. Dusknoir in a dark team. Something that makes sence not like granbull in a fighting team
Back to top Go down
darkjedi96
Rookie
darkjedi96

Male
Number of posts : 104
Friend Code : FC:3050 9323 4404
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 3:19 pm

its a good idea to a point. i use some fillers but its posted in my E4 rules. And if others choose to use them they must have that types traits. for example i use fillers like Lapras-G Dos-Charizard-Tyranitar cuz they all share dragon traits
Back to top Go down
darkcharizard
Pokemon Lover
Pokemon Lover
darkcharizard

Male
Number of posts : 228
Friend Code : 1375 7868 4750 Diamond

0173 7368 4409 PLATINUM
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 3:56 pm

i think we should be able to use pokemon of characteristics like charizard could be used for a dragon gym cause it looks like s a dragon or garchomp should be used on my rock team cause rock and ground are kinda common
and also pokemon that look or have the ways of a type they dont have
Back to top Go down
G-dos
G-dos

Male

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:08 pm

Look I don't think so but having characteristics of the type would do. Like I wouldn't say put a DD'ing T-tar on a dragon team.
Back to top Go down
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male
Number of posts : 498
Friend Code : Diamond: 1891 3086 3833
Platinum: 5327 8963 7352
Soul Silver: 2665 3592 3834
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Dark wrote:
i think we should be able to use pokemon of characteristics like charizard could be used for a dragon gym cause it looks like s a dragon or garchomp should be used on my rock team cause rock and ground are kinda common
and also pokemon that look or have the ways of a type they dont have

garchomp won't be allowed to be used on your rock team because it's uber, even if it were a rock type.

Anyway i've always supported this idea but since it was pretty much rejected on the spot by Chris i never posted it as a suggestion. Maybe he'll change his mind though..

I agree with the traits thing, having similarities and all, but this may cause confusion and whatnot. So each gym leader should put a list of pokemon like darkjedi said that they are able to use that aren't the type of their gym, if this idea prevails (did that make sense? 0_o).
Back to top Go down
ixion124
ixion124

Male
Number of posts : 656
Badges : Gym Fillers Flame
Friend Code : 1160 9739 5678
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:13 pm

bad
why should we call you a good user of that type if youre not good enough to cover your own weaknesses
Back to top Go down
Sasuke
Gym Leader
Sasuke

Male
Number of posts : 232
Friend Code : 3996 5799 4419
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:17 pm

I'm against it. Its a gym which is of ONE type and one only. If ur good enough which u need to b good 2 make gym u should b able to take them on. U can make a plan 4 super effectives easy if u just think about it....
Back to top Go down
Chris
Admin
Admin
Chris

Male
Number of posts : 705
Friend Code : 1118 8172 5961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 8:01 am

I would have to agree with the views of Ken, ixion and Sasuke and say that I don't think it's a great idea for Gym Leaders to have filler pokemon. In many cases, it wouldn't help much anyways.

ixion124 wrote:
bad
why should we call you a good user of that type if youre not good enough to cover your own weaknesses
Sasuke wrote:
I'm against it. Its a gym which is of ONE type and one only. If ur good enough which u need to b good 2 make gym u should b able to take them on. U can make a plan 4 super effectives easy if u just think about it...
As ixion and Sasuke say, a Gym Leader should be able to cover their Weaknesses... Also, we added a General Gym Rule last year sometime stopping challengers from bringing more than 2 super effective pokemon into Gym Battles in order to make battles more fair for the Gym Leaders. It is possible for most Gym Leaders to use pokemon within their type to cover their weaknesses, for example in a water team, a Swampert to take Electric moves and something like a Ludicolo/Empoleon/Tentacruel to take grass moves.

If we ever decided to adopt this rule, we'd have to use the traits idea as Boy and Darkjedi mentioned but as already said, this may cause confusion as to what pokemon can be linked to the Gym etc...

This post doesn't mean that this topic is over. Everyone should keep voting and posting their views for consideration. It's interesting to see what everyone has to say on this matter.
Back to top Go down
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:32 am

You guys say that gym leaders should be able to cover their weaknesses. Then how come the Elite 4 get to use a filler? I mean, shouldn't they be able to cover their weaknesses with only their type better than any of the gym leaders can? Or am i mistaken that gym leaders are better in skill than elite 4 since they can't have the fillers while the elite 4 can?
Back to top Go down
Mercury
Mercury

Male
Pearl FC-0990 1089 5394
SSBB-2278 0801 1238

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:00 am

I was just wondering that actually. I suppose it's meant to be more like in the real game, because the Gym Leaders don't have a filler, while the E4 do.
Back to top Go down
Chrono
Admin
Admin
Chrono

Male

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:31 am

Mercury that statment is wrong that gym leaders don't have fillers. Take snowpint gym leader she has a medicham. Sunnyshore has an ambipom and an occtilery. So gym leaders do have fillers.

I am not sure about which side to take. One hand boy makes a good point by saying elite four are aloud fillers and not gym leaders. But on the other it is a speciality to be a gym leader. I mean boy said darks don't have a good mono team but now I have a butt kicking dark team. So my vote is still meep for now
Back to top Go down
Mercury
Mercury

Male
Pearl FC-0990 1089 5394
SSBB-2278 0801 1238

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:49 am

That's only because there aren't many Pokemon of that type before Nat Dex lol
Back to top Go down
Chrono
Admin
Admin
Chrono

Male

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:57 am

Still fillers. They could have a weavile instead of medicham for snowpoint and then have parchirusu and a double of either raichu or luxray. They doubled up in the older games
Back to top Go down
Chris
Admin
Admin
Chris

Male
Number of posts : 705
Friend Code : 1118 8172 5961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 1:02 pm

Boy wrote:
You guys say that gym leaders should be able to cover their weaknesses. Then how come the Elite 4 get to use a filler? I mean, shouldn't they be able to cover their weaknesses with only their type better than any of the gym leaders can? Or am i mistaken that gym leaders are better in skill than elite 4 since they can't have the fillers while the elite 4 can?

Firstly, yes, Elite 4 are allowed a filler but this is optional and not all of the Elite 4 use a filler...

Also, Elite 4 can usually cover their weaknesses with or without a filler and so, it doesn't help them much. The Elite 4 filler thing is an extra perk for them (should they choose to take it) which the Gym Leaders don't have. But this is one thing, other than the fact that the Elite 4 are tougher, that helps distinguish the Elite 4 from the Gym Leaders.

Mercury, good point about the Elite 4 in the games having a filler.
Back to top Go down
darkjedi96
Rookie
darkjedi96

Male
Number of posts : 104
Friend Code : FC:3050 9323 4404
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 5:55 pm

yes i have the right to use fillers but i only use them in battles when people challange my e4 team for fun. When we finally get someone with all the badges i plan on using an ALL dragon team so there wont be any complaing of unfairness. and as my rules state i will discuss the option with the trainer so the trainer has the option to refuse
Back to top Go down
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:19 am

I wouldn't exactly say the E4 are tougher, since there hasn't been actual tournaments for E4 placings. While i don't doubt that the current three E4 are indeed tough battlers, there just isn't solid proof that they are the best out of the gym leaders and elite 4.

If E4 getting fillers is a way to distinguish them between gym leaders, why not have it the other way around and have GL get fillers and not E4?

Also, the fact that the in-game E4 having fillers seems pretty obvious to me that it wasn't part of the decision making process of E4 having fillers, so I don't think this point is relevant. Lastly, the usage of fillers being "optional" for the E4 is also an extremely weak point to make, if GL's had fillers, it's blatantly obvious that it'd be optional for them too.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Rookie
Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 68
Friend Code : 0860 0607 3177
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 1:57 pm

i say no fillers(gym or E4):
A) you should be able to counter your gym's weakness, allowing filler(s) is proving that your gym leader's can not cover their weakness, showing that they are weak, and your gym leaders are weak, then how can your site be any good(this idea is really only good to attract members to be gym leaders, witch you have no problems with here)

B) in Diamond and Pearl the gyms and E4 had optional fillers, it was removed from the Gym Leaders and lessened down to an optional 1 for the Elite 4(witch you seem to practice already here), thus if you are doing it similar to the game style that is how it should be played

C) to prove that it is a noobish idea, look at the gym leaders who said yes 100%, Justin, Mercery, and Dark...why are those three complaining? Fire/Bugs/Rocks have some of the best type coverages
-Fire Coverage: your complaining on EQ spamming...YOU HAVE 2 FLYING TYPES! x0 to Flying, and before you say "Rock is x4 on them", you have Fighting, Steel, and Rock types to counter the rocks, that is just type coverage wise...you can STAB those moves, and you get Solarbeam, Energy Balls, Hidden Power(Ice/Grass/Water)(the list goes on...)
-Bug Coverage: you got 2 OU Steel/Bugs to counter all your base weaknesses except Fire, witch you have Rock and Ground types for, Bugs is one of the stronger mono-type teams, you should feel embarassed if you could use a filler
-Rock Coverage: first off, se T-Tar for the sand, then ALL of your team gets a Spec. Def. boost, so your up right off the start, next you get Flying and Water to cover your weaknesses, so stop complaining
sorry for calling out those three gym leaders as n00bs, but with your type and asking for a filler...that's weak...Dragons(only 1 coverage to Ice), Fighting(only 1 coverage to Flying), and Flying(only 2 coverages to Rocks) would be more reasonable to ask for a filler...maybe some of our gym leaders need to study their type a bit more o.O

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Chrono
Admin
Admin
Chrono

Male

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:30 pm

I change my vote from meep to no monkey is very perswasive and I felt his anger haha. Anyways I think monkey closed the argument now so I really don't know what to say after that.... I think I may shut up now...........=/
Back to top Go down
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:42 pm

Having fillers does not show that the gym leaders is weak, like i said earlier. E4 has fillers, does that show they cannot cover their weaknesses? The fact that E4 in-game have fillers should be of no significance to this decision. I'd even go as far to say that it's stupid to think that it matters that the in-game E4 really influences this choice, if we are going to, then maybe we shouldn't be using 6 pokemon since most if not all (cant remember) gym leaders dont have 6, and the elite 4 don't have 6 either.

As for your "proving" this is a noobish idea, i personally wouldn't know, but being fire type, i wouldn't want to be swept with say.. choice banded buizel and choice banded azumaril, both spamming aqua jet until they die. That would easily wipe out most of the fire team as no fire types resist water as far as i'm concerned. Also, using a scarfed stealth rocker as a suicide lead just to ensure that minimum 12.5-50% damage on every switch to kill sashers and ease the OHKO.

I agree bug is one of the best monotypes to use, but their are only a few OU bug types iirc. And a smart challenger will bring along water types for the bug/rock types too. So having a filler pokemon brings in something that can either resist or atleast be neutral to predicted attacks the challenger may use.

Can't really say much about rock, since I had a rock gym that didn't really need a filler, but it's nice to have something to fall back on when your Cradily and Aerodactyl die

In the end, i still don't see a valid point as to why E4 has fillers and gym leaders do not. All of the points regarding this so far were pretty weak and invalid points imo.
Back to top Go down
null
Trainer
Trainer
null

Male
Number of posts : 392
Friend Code : n/a
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:52 pm

Well just for the record

@ Monkey - 5 people voted Yes, so apparently it's not just me, merc, and dark. -_-
Back to top Go down
Mercury
Mercury

Male
Pearl FC-0990 1089 5394
SSBB-2278 0801 1238

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 8:23 am

@ Monkey - I find that fillers are more for surprise than to cover weaknesses. They can be to cover weaknesses though.
Back to top Go down
G-dos
G-dos

Male

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:39 pm

Soccerryle wrote:
Well just for the record

@ Monkey - 5 people voted Yes, so apparently it's not just me, merc, and dark. -_-
But yet 6 people woted no, so apparently it's not just me Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gym Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Fillers   Gym Fillers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gym Fillers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next