Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fillers again

Go down 
+3
Rayquaza
Boy
Sasuke
7 posters

Should we use fillers?
Yes.
Fillers again I_vote_lcap53%Fillers again I_vote_rcap
 53% [ 9 ]
No.
Fillers again I_vote_lcap47%Fillers again I_vote_rcap
 47% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sasuke
Gym Leader
Sasuke

Male
Number of posts : 232
Friend Code : 3996 5799 4419
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Fillers again Empty
PostSubject: Fillers again   Fillers again Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:26 pm

I think maybe we need them even though I supported not needing them when the last topic was made. Plus I think maybe other gyms may need the support and it may make the battles more challenging and enjoyable. So post whether you want them or not.

Last edited by Sasuke on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male
Number of posts : 498
Friend Code : Diamond: 1891 3086 3833
Platinum: 5327 8963 7352
Soul Silver: 2665 3592 3834
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Fillers again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fillers again   Fillers again Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:28 pm

You may want to fix up what you wrote, doesn't make a whole lot of sense, Sasuke.

From what I gather, this is a poll for deciding if Gyms are allowed to use fillers or not. Well if that's the case, I've always been for this idea, in fact I believe I was the first person to bring it up, so I vote yes. However since this is ultimately the admins decision, and Chris seems to always be against this, I believe this poll will be deemed moot regardless of the voting.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke
Gym Leader
Sasuke

Male

Fillers again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fillers again   Fillers again Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:37 pm

Well I don't know anymore. We made need them cause all it takes to defeat a gym such as fire is to scarf hercross, pinsirs and such and just keep doing eq and stone edge.
Back to top Go down
Rayquaza
Admin
Admin
Rayquaza

Male
Number of posts : 379
Friend Code : PSN : Terimaki_Chod

Registration date : 2008-04-05

Fillers again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fillers again   Fillers again Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:00 pm

I am all for it,but there is still some doubt.

My main reason to allow fillers is to take off that "no more than 2 of my weakness" rule that everyone has.Gym Leaders should build their team around their weaknesses.If they truly have the skill to be a gym leader,they should be able to combat their weakness.One way to help is to allow 1 filler.Of course this will be optional,some types can handle just fine w/out a filler such as water,psychic,and flying.It will also make things more interesting and challenging to the challenger.The filler should be a pokemon that can resist your weaknesses.It will help stop SPAM of your weakness further more,thus defeating the "no more than 2 of my weakness" rule everyone has.

I am also reading reasons why a filler shouldn't be allowed,so feel free to discuss/argue Smile
Back to top Go down
https://rayquaza.forumotion.com
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male

Fillers again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fillers again   Fillers again Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:39 pm

Removing the "2 super effective (2SE from now)" seems a bit too drastic, maybe just increase it to 4 in the event that fillers are allowed.

It's sometimes difficult to build teams around ur weaknesses since Pokemon can use super effective moves without having to be that super effective type. for example if you are a grass type gym, someone can easily use a Manectric and spam Overheat every time it comes in, allowing it to hit at least neutral on whatever switches in. If we allow fillers, a grass gym could use Heatran to resist all of its weaknesses, which would force challengers to actually have skill to beat gym leaders instead of spamming the same moves every time.

Beating Gym Leaders should be a challenge, and demonstration of skill should be essential. Currently, with 6 of the same type on one team, one can just spam super effective moves and hit at least neutrally to beat the Gym Leader, requiring no prediction or thought. Does this show skill?
Back to top Go down
Sasuke
Gym Leader
Sasuke

Male

Fillers again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fillers again   Fillers again Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:01 am

wow boy, thats a great point.
Back to top Go down
Monk
Noob
Noob
Monk

Number of posts : 33
Badges : Fillers again CascadeBadge
Friend Code : 5370 3697 9415
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Fillers again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fillers again   Fillers again Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:25 am

Boy, Ludicolo Resists Fire. As with the fillers, some types need it but others don't. Make a list of types that do, and grant them fillers.
Back to top Go down
Rayquaza
Admin
Admin
Rayquaza

Male

Fillers again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fillers again   Fillers again Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:42 am

I think everyone could have fillers,just that it would be optional on the GL's part.Like monk,he wont need a filler =P
Back to top Go down
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male

Fillers again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fillers again   Fillers again Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:58 am

I don't see how Ludicolo resists fire. A grass/water is neutral to fire.

Also granting fillers to certain types but not others seems unfair and potentially biased. Those without fillers will still be prone to SE moves spammed upon them.
Back to top Go down
Rayquaza
Admin
Admin
Rayquaza

Male

Fillers again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fillers again   Fillers again Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:40 pm

Did you read what me and monk posted?Some types can handle just fine w/out fillers.I have beaten many bug/dark/ghosts with my psychics,and im sure water can counter,with its variety of typing.Flying too,since there is no non-uber pure flying type pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Monk
Noob
Noob
Monk

Number of posts : 33
Badges : Fillers again CascadeBadge
Friend Code : 5370 3697 9415
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Fillers again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fillers again   Fillers again Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:55 pm

Boy, go back to Smogon and read up on what competitive battling is.
Back to top Go down
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male

Fillers again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fillers again   Fillers again Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:56 pm

I agree with you Ray that some types don't need it as much as other types, but I still think if we allow fillers, that every type should be allowed to used them, not meaning that they have to use them.

And monk, grow up. I won't even defend myself from that since it's pure idiotic.
Back to top Go down
darkjedi96
Rookie
darkjedi96

Male
Number of posts : 104
Friend Code : FC:3050 9323 4404
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Fillers again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fillers again   Fillers again Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:35 pm

i voted no. but im open to the idea of having a rule where its optional for the GL to use one but its they challangers choice.
Back to top Go down
L
L

Male
Number of posts : 159
Badges : Fillers again HiveBadgeFillers again WFillers again CascadeBadgeFillers again Flame
Friend Code : Trading/Breeding Code: 2407 1949 3913
Battle Code: 2321 8389 9288
Registration date : 2009-09-11

Fillers again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fillers again   Fillers again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 3:02 pm

The only way I would support the allowance of a single filler would be if it was restriced to only having attack moves of the type of gym leader using it. Any nonattack moves would be fine.
Back to top Go down
Rayquaza
Admin
Admin
Rayquaza

Male

Fillers again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fillers again   Fillers again Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 5:28 pm

darkjedi96 wrote:
i voted no. but im open to the idea of having a rule where its optional for the GL to use one but its they challangers choice.

Rayquaza wrote:
I think everyone could have fillers,just that it would be optional on the GL's part.Like monk,he wont need a filler =P

I have been saying that its going to be optional.
Back to top Go down
Seto Kaiba
Professor

Male
Number of posts : 47
Friend Code : 1462 0078 4764
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Fillers again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fillers again   Fillers again Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 5:37 pm

{MS}Monk wrote:
Boy, Ludicolo Resists Fire. As with the fillers, some types need it but others don't. Make a list of types that do, and grant them fillers.

Just saying, Ludicolo doesn't resist fire. It's only neutral. Fillers in my opinion allow for a challenge. Like someone else said, with the manectric + overheat example, it provides an obstacle for them to overcome. For instance, what happens if on the grass team, there's a heatran? The challenger also has to account for certain wildcards. For this reason, I vote the filler should be yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fillers again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fillers again   Fillers again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fillers again
Page 1 of 1