Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tier Updates

Go down 
+2
Boy
ixion124
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ixion124
ixion124

Male
Number of posts : 656
Badges : Tier Updates Flame
Friend Code : 1160 9739 5678
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Tier Updates Empty
PostSubject: Tier Updates   Tier Updates Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:57 am

Another update to the Tier List, three Pokemon have entered OU while one leaves to BL.

Say hello to....
Tier Updates 395Tier Updates Spr_4p_464_mTier Updates 330

and goodbye to....
Tier Updates Spr_4p_475

Donphan barely made it by stealing Gallades spot....

also a new BL and UU list are expected
hopefully Weezing will get the tier it deserves
Back to top Go down
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male
Number of posts : 498
Friend Code : Diamond: 1891 3086 3833
Platinum: 5327 8963 7352
Soul Silver: 2665 3592 3834
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Tier Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Updates   Tier Updates Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:12 am

Also I'd like to update, that ALL BL's are now turned into UU's. So currently there is only NU, UU, OU and Uber tiers. Of course the empoleon, rhyperior and flygon are OU, and gallade is UU.

Source: Smogon Tier List

Future updates will surely happen, such as some pokemon obviously overpowering and the overcentralizing of certain pokemon will arise, which I predict will then create a whole new playable and/or banned tier, but who knows =].
Back to top Go down
Chrono
Admin
Admin
Chrono

Male
Number of posts : 1504
Ribbons : Tier Updates Chrono12
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Tier Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Updates   Tier Updates Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:57 am

NOOOOOOOO HOW DARE THEY!!! gallade is awsome its psychic fighting what more can you ask for.
Back to top Go down
pn
Elderly
Elderly
pn

Female
Number of posts : 564
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Tier Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Updates   Tier Updates Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:56 am

Dark Chrono wrote:
NOOOOOOOO HOW DARE THEY!!! gallade is awsome its psychic fighting what more can you ask for.
how can they? gallade is one of my most powerful pokemon
Back to top Go down
Chris
Admin
Admin
Chris

Male
Number of posts : 705
Friend Code : 1118 8172 5961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Tier Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Updates   Tier Updates Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:20 am

I know! Its a real shame Gallade was demoted!

On a plus side, Rhyperior and Flygon have been moved to the tier they deserve! Both are awesome pokemon and are worthy of being OU. As for Empoleon, I still don't understand why it moved...

I wonder how long the new tiers will last? I think merging BL and UU together is a bad idea...
Back to top Go down
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male

Tier Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Updates   Tier Updates Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:30 am

Gallade was simply moved to BL because there are so many better options than it. I guess battlers couldn't find the use in Gallade for it to occupy a slot for him, after all, he isn't that much of a threat with his lowish speed and two resistances, it simply couldnt compete with the spot of a physical sweeper, with gyarados, salamence, metagross and scizor running rampant. It also couldn't make the cut in many teams as a supporter since theres so many better options, such as blissey, celebi, vaporeon and dusknoir.

Remember, the tier list is based on the smogon Shoddy battles. So legendaries are just as easy to get with 31 IVs across the board than any other Pokemon. The lack of excel in any of it's sets when compared with other Pokemon led to Gallades downfall in the tiers and that is why Gallade was moved to BL, thus UU. (took longer than i thought to explain =P).

As for empoleon, the subpetaya set has taken the metagame by storm. Sub on the switch, agility, sub down to petaya boost (and torrent). Torrent + Petaya + STAB'd Surf = Ouch on anything that doesnt resist it, even those that resist it can/may be 2HKO'd. >_<
Back to top Go down
Rayquaza
Admin
Admin
Rayquaza

Male
Number of posts : 379
Friend Code : PSN : Terimaki_Chod

Registration date : 2008-04-05

Tier Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Updates   Tier Updates Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:16 pm

Well first of Gallade is too slow.There is a better option and his name is medicham.Its ability is very useful unlike that of gallades.It doubles medichams attack! =P

Second,Donphan is the best rapid spinner in my mind,I use him and it hasnt failed me.His defense is incredible and it has decent attack to back it up.It doesnt have a large attacking movepool but its the best at what it does Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://rayquaza.forumotion.com
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male

Tier Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Updates   Tier Updates Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:00 pm

whats gallade got to do with rapid spin? =P.. And medicham and Gallade can have different roles in the team =P.. Gallade can be a special wall, status inducer and a bulk up/swords dancer =P
Back to top Go down
ixion124
ixion124

Male
Number of posts : 656
Badges : Tier Updates Flame
Friend Code : 1160 9739 5678
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Tier Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Updates   Tier Updates Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:15 pm

Chris wrote:
On a plus side, Rhyperior and Flygon have been moved to the tier they deserve! Both are awesome pokemon and are worthy of being OU. As for Empoleon, I still don't understand why it moved...

I wonder how long the new tiers will last? I think merging BL and UU together is a bad idea...

i think flygon only moved because he got outrage. it really makes a difference.
i expected slowbro to move up.
the merged tier is just for testing so technically its not really a tier for 2 and a half months....o.0

donphan fails against toxic spikes
and skarmory

Boy wrote:
As for empoleon, the subpetaya set has taken the metagame by storm. Sub on the switch, agility, sub down to petaya boost (and torrent). Torrent + Petaya + STAB'd Surf = Ouch on anything that doesnt resist it, even those that resist it can/may be 2HKO'd. >_<

i doubt you can pull this off anymore in a blissey tier, or vaporeon, or suicune if youre grass knotless, or celebi if youre ice beamless o.0
Back to top Go down
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male

Tier Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Updates   Tier Updates Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:14 pm

Not everyone has a blissey, vaporeon, suicune or celebi.

Just a calculation (On average)
Empoleon Petaya + Torrent Surf
On Bulkymence = 58%
On Standard Celebi = 46% (Possible 2HKO with stealth Rock, including Leftovers)
On Standard Blissey = 36%
On Standard Suicune = 41% (Possible 2HKO with stealth Rock & Sand Storm)

And with 12 resistances, it can set up rather easily, and being immune to sandstorm makes it viable to be in sandstorm teams for that extra bit of damage at the end of the turn.

So you can see it does pose quite a big threat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tier Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier Updates   Tier Updates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tier Updates
Page 1 of 1