Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rate my team please

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamm
Noob
Noob

Male
Number of posts : 8
Friend Code : Y - 3625-9007-8060
Registration date : 2010-12-12

Rate my team please Empty
PostSubject: Rate my team please   Rate my team please Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:34 am

Rate my team please 146Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability:Pressure(Flame Body when it comes out)
Ev's: 252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.Attack
Nature: Timid
-Roost
-Flamethrower
-Toxic
-Air Slash
This is just to spread around Toxic and has Roost for SR on the field. This is not my lead its just the first poke i put down. And it has Flamethrower and Air Slash as stabs, which work well aganist Ferrothorn, Conkeldurr, Heracross and Yanmega. Thoses were the poke that were killed from my stab moves the most.

Rate my team please 141Kabutops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Ev's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Nature: Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Water Fall
-Aqua Jet
-Stone Edge
The idea of this poke is use the Swords Dance as they attack me while Weak Armor boosts my speed, then Water Fall and Stone Edge as my main stabs, and Aqua Jet for Scizors and Infernapes with Bullet Punch and Mach Punch. This is my lead.

Rate my team please 302Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Ev's: 252 HP, 252 Sp.Defence, 4 Defence/128 Defence, 128 Sp.Defence/ 252 Defence, 4 Sp.Defence(Tell me which lay out i should have)
Nature: Impish/Careful/Bold/Calm(Which ever sounds cooler)
-Will-O-Wisp
-Confuse Ray
-Taunt
-Recover
Just to stop people DD on me and setting up on me with Taunt or Will-O-Wisp depending on how they they are setting up on me. So there is alot im not sure on what to have on this guys so i need the most help with him.

Rate my team please 232Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Ev's: 252 HP, 252 Defence, 4 Attack
Nature: Impish
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
This set is to help Moltres and get my rocks up, In the sense that after ive got mine up i can blow theres away. Plus i love using Donphan, takes 3 Powerwhips from Ferrothorn then dies, lol.

Rate my team please 598Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet/Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Ev's: 252 HP, 128 Defence, 128 Sp.Defence
Nature: Sassy
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball
-Protect
-Power Whip/Spikes/Stealth Rocks
Not sure weather to have two Stealth Rockers or have Power Whip or Spikes for more entry hazards. On PO im currently using Spikes and i find it useful but im conserned that if the blow away my Rocks I wont have another Rocker. But i dunno.

Rate my team please 31Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Ev's: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 HP/252 Speed, 4 HP/4 Speed
Nature: Modest
-Earthpower
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower
Has perfect coverage and can take hits pretty well with max HP and will have Leech Seed support from Ferrothorn to recover, Gyarados, Dragonite, Salamence, Altaria, Ferrothorn, Scizor, Forretress and Magnezone are all x4 weak to one of its moves, all of them are pretty commonly used except Altaria, its just i met a few on PO.
Back to top Go down
Prof West
Head Professor
Head Professor
Prof West

Male
Number of posts : 600
Friend Code : Black: 5157 2125 1931
3DS: 1306-5572-5528
Registration date : 2010-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Rate my team please   Rate my team please Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 4:00 pm

Ok, for starters which tier are you using this in, originally i thought it was RU or UU until i saw the Ferrothorn. I mean using it in OU is fine if thats your style but i think there are a few team replacements you could make such as swapping Moltres for Zapdos or Nidoqueen for Nidoking but if you're doing it for your own style than i can relate.

Moltres is fine, it has good bulk with the HP investments so it can use Toxic effectively, it can heal itself and has dual STAB. My only concern is that if you are using this team in OU you would lose half of your health upon switching in if your opponent has Stealth Rocks up, which in OU is a popular thing. That's why i recommend using Zapdos instead, similar bulk, ThunderBolt and then Substitute while keeping Roost and Toxic.

Your Kabutops doesn't really need the Weak Armor/Focus Sash combo and would benefit more from Life Orb/Swift Swim due to his alright defence and the popularity of rain teams in OU at the moment which gives you further reasoning to switch Moltres with Zapdos. Otherwise he is perfectly fine

Sabeleye will probably want more of a Sp Def investment (so the 252 Sp Def, 4 Def) due to you having two physically bulky things already on your team so there doesn't seem much of a need to have a third while you can make him Specially bulky which in my opinion the current meta game is more focused on. I also suggest that you swap Confuse Ray out for a move that can deal damage so your not complete taunt bait from something like Tornadus. I personally recommend either Shadow Sneak or Sucker Punch so then you won't have to worry about its low speed stat as you will still have priority. As for nature i would say either Sassy or Careful due to them having a Sp Def boost while maintaing your attack stat.

Your Donphan is perfectly fine.

I don't really understand why you need Ferrothorn on this team, you already have a Physical wall and a Special wall (sort of). Sure he is immune to Toxic and has Leech Seed and his ability will wittle away at your opponents health but if you were to replace it you could play in lower tiers which could really benefit you. Some decent things you could use from UU include Rotom-H, Shaymin, Registeel, Mew, Empoleon, Deoxys-D the list is almost endless. But if you are going to keep Ferrothorn then i would have Spikes instead of two Stealth Rockers and Leftovers to keep your health up (most people fear the iron barbs and therefore go to special attacks instead so rocky helmet becomes useless).

Onto Nidoqueen then, it looks good but it doesn't really have the speed to need the extra investment so make it bulkier instead with more focus on the HP.

Overall a very solid team, well done.

Last edited by LanceWest on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Rate my team please   Rate my team please Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 4:13 pm

-Since all of your pokes are UU or lower, I would take out Ferrothorn and replace it with evolite ferroseed and make this a UU team. Its tough to beat hyper offensive OU with this lineup.

-If you are playing OU, Rotom-w can hit this team really hard. You dont have anything to switch into it except ferrothorm however some Rotom do carry hp fire....

-Try putting a gastrodon in your team because A) the gastrodon/moltress defense cores. B) it is immune to water and can stop Rotom-W.

-If someone knows how to use Latios and Heatran combo correctly, Its a big threat to your team.

-Again consider replacing Ferrothorn and make this a UU team..

252hp/spD is best for sableye since willowisp stops physical hitters.

I used to use this set for sableye:

252hp/252SpD Calm Nature.
Moves : WilloW, Recover, Swagger, Foul play. Basically use swagger and hit them back hard with foul play. Works best on special sweepers. But I like your set better, its up to you what you want to use.

Sableye is such a broken poke, i hope it gets ban before Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Prof West
Head Professor
Head Professor
Prof West

Male
Number of posts : 600
Friend Code : Black: 5157 2125 1931
3DS: 1306-5572-5528
Registration date : 2010-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Rate my team please   Rate my team please Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 2:08 am

Allen, Gastrodon is OU now so it can't be put into his team if he wants to bring it down a tier
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Rate my team please   Rate my team please Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 1:32 pm

Oh yea, thats right i forgot.. I knew gastrodon is gonna be a star one day when i first used it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate my team please   Rate my team please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate my team please
Page 1 of 1