Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Please Rate My Water Team

Go down 
+2
Boy
Trake1986
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Trake1986
Noob
Noob
Trake1986

Male
Number of posts : 6
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Please Rate My Water Team Empty
PostSubject: Please Rate My Water Team   Please Rate My Water Team Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:24 am

My team is a pure water team and makes use of Rain Dance,

Starmie w/ Damp Rock
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
EVs: HP136, Def 148, Spe 216,
- Rain Dance
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunder

Comments: I use this pokemon for it's Thunder, i think a water pokemon with lightning moves comes in useful, unfortunately Lanturn is too weak in OU. (Not so sure about recover though.)

Vaporeon w/ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Modest
EVs: Def 188, Spe 68, SpA 252,
- Hidden Power (Grass) [I wanted electric but i had a rough time getting the IVs i wanted.]
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Surf

Comments: My favorite water pokemon, so it has to be in the team, plus it's nice and bulky so it can take hits. Shadow Ball gives me more type coverage.

Floatzel w/ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Adamant
EVs: HP 232, Atk 252, Spe 16, Def 8
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall

Comments: My crazy attack pokemon, comes in on the KO and takes care of the enemy, wickedly fast in the rain and has decent type coverage.

Kingdra w/ Damp Rock
Nature: Lonely
EVs: HP 108, ATK 252, Spe 76
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall

Comments: With only one weakness, it complements the team perfectly, electric and grass hit for neutral damage and after two dragon dances it's outrage attack is formidable against nearly all foes.

Swampert w/ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: HP 240, Def 216, SpA 52,
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Surf

Comments: A 4 time weakness to grass, but good defese, as long as it avoids gras attacks it's immunity to electric is really handy.

Ludiculo: w/ Damp Rock
Nature: Modest
EVs: HP 4, Spe 252, SpA 252
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance
- Surf

Comments: My late game sweeper, neutal damage with both grass and electric moves, and a hard type to combat.

What i need help with: I can't decide who would be a good starter, i'm tempted to go for swampert to get stealth rock out on the field. I'd also appreciate it if someone could evaluate my movesets. If you're going to recommend any pokemon changes bear in mind this is a water team, so any replacements should also be of the water type. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male
Number of posts : 498
Friend Code : Diamond: 1891 3086 3833
Platinum: 5327 8963 7352
Soul Silver: 2665 3592 3834
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Please Rate My Water Team   Please Rate My Water Team Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:41 am

I reckon the water Pokemon you chose are probably the best ones to go on a mono type water team, so I'll just give some of my opinions on the move sets, items etc.

On Vaporeon have you tried using Choice Specs instead of leftovers? Vaporeons SpAtk is pretty high (Base 110) and the kick from Choice Specs should net some surprise KO's, of course this requires prediction to use effectively. If you think your prediction skills are lacking, you can try Life Orb but that kills 10% of your health per attack which is undesirable as it will be killing Vaporeon's bulk. With that said, Expert Belt is also viable since you have great coverage with that move set.

For Floatzel i would really use Life Orb instead of leftovers since Floatzel is what you classify as a "Glass Cannon", great attack and speed, but lackluster defenses. Floatzel won't be surviving many hits anyway, so the Life Orb recoil is definitely worth the 30% damage increase. Other than that, I think he's fine.

Kingdra's move set should utilize the mixed rain dance set so that it's a greater threat and has the ability to break walls better. Here's the set:

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Nature: Naughty (+Atk, -SpD) /Lonely (+Atk, -Def)
252 Atk / 240 SpA / 16 Spe
~ Rain Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Hydro Pump
~ Draco Meteor

The Naughty/Lonely nature decreases SpD and Def respectively, this is to avoid decreasing your SpA to use Hydro Pump and Draco Meteor at greater powers. EV's let you hit 420 Spe iirc, which lets you outrun all Choice Scarfed Heatrans. Waterfall lets you hit the Pokemon that are specially defensive while Hydro Pump and Draco Meteor allow you to kill physically defensive Pokemon. Surf is usable over Hydro Pump but the extra power is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
ixion124
ixion124

Male
Number of posts : 656
Badges : Please Rate My Water Team Flame
Friend Code : 1160 9739 5678
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Please Rate My Water Team   Please Rate My Water Team Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:12 pm

i read your post and thinking of comments, but then i read boys and he said everything....

floatzels crunch is a powerful move, consider brick break though

ludicolo could have grass knot instead of energy ball, the pokemon youll use grass type moves on will probably be heavy, but its up to you
Back to top Go down
Sasuke
Gym Leader
Sasuke

Male
Number of posts : 232
Friend Code : 3996 5799 4419
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Please Rate My Water Team   Please Rate My Water Team Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:19 pm

a lanturn is good if you have volt absorb with the moveset as: thunderbolt, surf, confuse ray, toxic
Back to top Go down
Trake1986
Noob
Noob
Trake1986

Male
Number of posts : 6
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Please Rate My Water Team   Please Rate My Water Team Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:12 am

Thanks for your input, i might make an UU water team, then i'll seriously consider laturn in it. As you can probably tell water type is my favorite.

Thanks Boy, i think i'll use expert belt on Vaporeon, i haven't had much experience online battling yet so my predictive skills are lacking and i don't want to lose any bulkiness.

I have also changed Kingdra, you're right a mixed sweeper is much better for my team.

Ixion, i'll try brick break for a while i know it has better coverage, i'm just wondering how much of a difference Brick Break will make compared to Crunch.

Also, nobody has addressed this so i'll ask again, should i replace Recover with Psychic on Starmie?
Also is Swampert a good lead for this team?

Thanks again for your opinions/comments.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke
Gym Leader
Sasuke

Male
Number of posts : 232
Friend Code : 3996 5799 4419
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Please Rate My Water Team   Please Rate My Water Team Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:36 am

I wouldn't lead with swampert becuase its a more needs to come in when its needed type thing if you know what I mean. You should lead with somthing faster like Starmie. I think you should keep recover.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
Mercury

Male
Number of posts : 552
Friend Code : Platinum FC-1548 5398 5890
Pearl FC-0990 1089 5394
SSBB-2278 0801 1238
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Please Rate My Water Team   Please Rate My Water Team Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:06 am

You could try a Gyarados lead, because they can be nice. DD first turn, especially if they have something weak against you up, then you can start attacking.
Back to top Go down
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male
Number of posts : 498
Friend Code : Diamond: 1891 3086 3833
Platinum: 5327 8963 7352
Soul Silver: 2665 3592 3834
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Please Rate My Water Team   Please Rate My Water Team Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:54 pm

Starmie is a decent lead, but to answer your question about replacing Recover with Psychic. I say keep recover as Psychic has generally poor coverage anyway. And against leads, Psychic is almost useless, as you already have Surf for STAB.

As for Brick Break on Floatzel, it's good to break dual screens and pretty much that alone.

In rain:
Waterfall has a power of 80x1.5x1.5 = 180 BP
A super effective crunch has 80x2 = 160 BP
A super effective Brick Break has 75x2 = 150 BP

So when rain is up, waterfall is stronger than both Crunch and Brickbreak in all situations unless the pokemon is hit super effectly by Crunch or Brickbreak AND resists Waterfall.

Lastly, since Waterfall overpowers crunch and brick break in almost all situations when rain is up, Brick Break is usually more superior to crunch as it can break Reflect and Lightscreen
Back to top Go down
Alex
Gym Leader
Alex

Male
Number of posts : 81
Friend Code : Diamond: Raphiel 2622 1730 9645
Platinum: Aaron 3696-1394-7486
Registration date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Please Rate My Water Team   Please Rate My Water Team Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:37 am

Hmm...It looks like a pretty good team to me. Fast and powerful with a good EV spread.
BTW where did u make that trainer card?
Back to top Go down
http://pokefans.forum-motion.net/forum.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please Rate My Water Team   Please Rate My Water Team Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please Rate My Water Team
Page 1 of 1