Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First Ever 4th Gen OU Team

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pawn
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain
Pawn

Male
Number of posts : 715
Symbols : First Ever 4th Gen OU Team 20px-Tacticssymbol
Friend Code : 0432 5553 5950 - diamond
0819 3370 9446 - white
Registration date : 2011-02-12

First Ever 4th Gen OU Team Empty
PostSubject: First Ever 4th Gen OU Team   First Ever 4th Gen OU Team Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 1:33 pm

This is my first ever crack at a 4th gen competitive team, so dont be too tough on me Razz lol

so here goes

First Ever 4th Gen OU Team 448
Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch

Lucario's role on my team is the main attacker. he'll be able to switch in fairly easily from what ive read, and can swords dance and kill all.

First Ever 4th Gen OU Team 260
Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Swampert is my main lead and tank. he is very capable of taking physical hits and being able to set up rocks. The rocks are the main support for pokes on my team such as scizor and Lucario to help them get crucial KOs. Earthquake is for STAB, and Ice Beam for that slower grass type that switches in on him. Roar WILL force switches, thus giving me a slight advantage in the form of entry damage.

First Ever 4th Gen OU Team 094
Gengar (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Explosion

Gengar is my chief special attacker, and also acts as a lure for me to safely switch in lucario. Shadow Ball is for the glorious STAB, while thunderbolt is for bulky waters, and focus blast for steels. Explosion is for when he is about to die, and will most likely wreak havoc among whatever pokemon should feel its wrath.

First Ever 4th Gen OU Team 212
Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

This set on Scizor has worked wonders for me in the past, and usually doesnt show up until late game, like my lucario. This set wrecks everything not named skarmory or heatran. Bullet Punch is one hell of a priority move when on Scizor, because it gets STAB, Life Orb, AND Technician boost. Roost is there to keep Scizor around that much longer and heal off life orb damage.

First Ever 4th Gen OU Team 242
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Blissey covers most of this teams weaknesses and can even pass off wish to them. Protect is to heal myself, as well as stall toxic.

First Ever 4th Gen OU Team 462
Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Explosion

Magnezone is my counter to the ever popular scizor (so long as it doesnt carry superpower). i bring them out, and i throw out magnezone and the magnet pull keeps in pokes like scizor who would otherwise destroy my team. Choise scarf is so i outspeed, and t-bolt for STAB, hp fire for coverage, Flash cannon for other stab, and Explosion is my last resort, almost guaranteed to bring somebody else with me.
Back to top Go down
☠Dr Flamedog☠
Professor
☠Dr Flamedog☠

Male
Number of posts : 106
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: First Ever 4th Gen OU Team   First Ever 4th Gen OU Team Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 3:58 pm

Make gengar timid so it wont be outsped by infernape and base 100 and above speed pokemon. At first I preferred modest for the sheer power but i realized how frail he was and he coudlnt really afford to move last. And give him 4 hp evs. And since he is really frail anyway and wont be taking any hits anytime, make him hasty nature so explosion would have slightly more power. Its dissapointing when your the one that just dies and the opponent still manages to live.

For your scizor, if your going to set up swords dance then it should you should be having the confidence to sweep at least half the team. But with that set with only BP and bug bite, too many pokes resist it and thus making you switch out too often and you have just wasted your turns setting up swords dance. Have brick break or superpower or something to counter steels, that set is badly walled by them. And get rid of roost and put leftovers. And since he is slow to begin with, dont invest in speed but make your hp 252 so he could have some survivability and he also should be abusing his typing as a steel with only weakness so yea give him some bulk
OR
If you wanna keep that set with the 252 spd evs, replace bug bite with u-turn so he can escape some of its counters while being reasonable fast enough

Id like to battle you one day 4th gen
Back to top Go down
Gabe
Trainer
Trainer
Gabe

Male
Number of posts : 368
Badges : First Ever 4th Gen OU Team 30px-Basic_Badge First Ever 4th Gen OU Team 20px-Mineral_Badge First Ever 4th Gen OU Team 20px-Rising_BadgeFirst Ever 4th Gen OU Team 20px-Mind_Badge
Friend Code : Gen 5 (Black):4298-2782-6321

Gen 5 (Black 2):1850 9848 4069
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: First Ever 4th Gen OU Team   First Ever 4th Gen OU Team Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Ninoo, switch explosion on gengar to destiny bond
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Ever 4th Gen OU Team   First Ever 4th Gen OU Team Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Ever 4th Gen OU Team
Page 1 of 1