Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Offensive team LFs help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Seto Kaiba
Professor

Male
Number of posts : 47
Friend Code : 1462 0078 4764
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Offensive team LFs help Empty
PostSubject: Offensive team LFs help   Offensive team LFs help Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 3:10 pm

All right, so this is a new team I've been working out with. The style is Offense.

Starmie @ Choice Specs
Nature: Timid
252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Speed
Ability: Natural Cure
--Hydro Pump
--Thunderbolt
--Ice Beam
--Trick

This is what is called an anti-lead. The purpose of this lead is to force other leads into either only getting their rocks up or attacking starmie. Starmie does its job well once the bulkier leads are taken care of for the rest of my team to take advantage of. Hydro Pump over Surf for the extra power. Tbolt and Ice Beam for type coverage. Trick to shut down things that Starmie can barely graze and the rest of the team can take advantage of: i.e. pert, Bliss, Skarm (not on WW), Rotom-A.

Machamp @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: No Guard
248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Speed
--Substitute
--Dynamic Punch
--Payback
--Stone Edge

Quite possibly Machamp's most devastating set. This serves as my main tyranitar counter as imo it is the best tyranitar counter in existence. (Skarm fails to baitttar, which I'll explain a bit later). Anyway, once this thing gets a sub up, something on the other dude's team is going to die. Dynamic Punch for confusion. Payback to hurt those mothaf***ing rotoms/gengars. Stone Edge for gyara/mence.

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Sand Stream
252 Atk/ 48 Sp. Atk/ 208 Speed
--Crunch
--Pursuit
--Superpower
--Fire Blast

EVs are a bit funky, but they work. Go look on smogon. Too lazy to find what outspeeds what since I really don't like it, but I'm not sure what to replace it with. Sand is nice. This is what I want to use as my bait to kill those running latiases and gengars who think imma crunch. Fire Blast dents Skarm and rapes Scizor/Forry. Superpower for Bliss/Lax. Crunch for STAB. I don't really like this set though because once I'm para'd, I'm more useless than para'd scarftar (at least it can be trick fodder).

Salamence @ Life Orb
Nature: Naive
Ability: Intimidate
208 Sp. Atk/ 252 Speed/ 44 Atk
--Draco Meteor
--Earthquake
--Fire Blast
--Roost

Wtf? Mixmence with Roost? This is why I think Mence is pretty broken. If it didn't have Roost, I'd be more comfortable, but roost mence makes probably the most powerful pokemon in OU have increased longevity. I forget if the Attack EVs are the same. I know it's 208 Sp. Atk. Why? Because that's just how I like to EV my mixmences. :\ Dragon + Ground + Fire for obvious coverage. Roost for healing

Infernape @ Choice Band
Nature: Naive
Ability: Blaze
252 Atk/ 192 Speed/ 64 Sp. Atk
--Fire Blast
--Close Combat
--Mach Punch
--U-Turn

What? Fire Blast on CB set? Reason being: Fire Punch is too weak, and Flare Blitz recoil from ttar's cuts Ape's life. Ape 2hko's anything that doesn't resist it so I'm cool with that. Mach Punch makes this my go-to-priority. Fortunately, there are no agility ghosts Very Happy (at least, I don't think there are. Well maybe Driflim, but it sucks. :S) Anyway, U-turn is to scout out opposing teams. Mach Punch to dent Scarftar and that good stuff.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Clear Body
252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
--Agility
--Meteor Mash
--Earthquake
--Explosion

The cleaner. Agility up and sweep with Mash + EQ. Boom to go out in style.

I know I want the starmie/champ/mence combo. Not too sure of ape|metagross. Def. not ttar. Suggestions?

Richy, if you say, "WHERE ARE YOUR WALLS?" Please note, that this is an offensive team. Although, I note that I don't have rocks Razz and walls != tanks. If you can find good tanks that might help, i'll be willing to accept it.

One other thing, I am PROUD TO BE AN OU WHORE! So, no flames about OU whoring. Doesn't mean I won't take UU/NU suggestions into hand.
Back to top Go down
ixion124
ixion124

Male
Number of posts : 656
Badges : Offensive team LFs help Flame
Friend Code : 1160 9739 5678
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Offensive team LFs help   Offensive team LFs help Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 5:11 pm

mmm HO is fun!
tyranitar might be too slow for you, maybe a priority killer like dragonite lucario scizor etc
or maybe you want a dual screener to keep you alive, azelf alakazam (if you still want heavy hitters)
Back to top Go down
Rayquaza
Admin
Admin
Rayquaza

Male
Number of posts : 379
Friend Code : PSN : Terimaki_Chod

Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Offensive team LFs help   Offensive team LFs help Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 5:23 pm

WHERE ARE YOUR WALLS!!?? lol jk
You should go bulky offence Smile
Yeah ixion is right dual screeners can help you set up for a sweep.
Back to top Go down
https://rayquaza.forumotion.com
Seto Kaiba
Professor

Male
Number of posts : 47
Friend Code : 1462 0078 4764
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Offensive team LFs help   Offensive team LFs help Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Eh, dual screeners make me lose the offensive momentum needed. I'm thinking about dropping the ttar and running a bulky wish + CM Jirachi.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
252 HP/32 Spe/ rest in Def
--Calm Mind
--Wish
--Thunderbolt
--Psychic

Although this set is walled by ttar, i'm not worried considering I have machamp and ape as ttar counters. It's a pretty beast set. I'm running the bulky version because DD mences outspeed and can OHKO pretty much all of my team, except for champ, but even then confusion is only 50%.
Back to top Go down
Rayquaza
Admin
Admin
Rayquaza

Male

PostSubject: Re: Offensive team LFs help   Offensive team LFs help Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:46 pm

Can jirachi learn hidden power?
Back to top Go down
Mercury
Mercury

Male
Number of posts : 552
Friend Code : Platinum FC-1548 5398 5890
Pearl FC-0990 1089 5394
SSBB-2278 0801 1238
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Offensive team LFs help   Offensive team LFs help Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:46 am

Ray, every poke except for Magikarp (or something like that) can learn Hidden Power.
Back to top Go down
Rayquaza
Admin
Admin
Rayquaza

Male

PostSubject: Re: Offensive team LFs help   Offensive team LFs help Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 8:58 pm

Oh ok hahah. I used wish jirachi and It goes well with salamence/gyarados as a wish supporter. So I say go for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offensive team LFs help   Offensive team LFs help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Offensive team LFs help
Page 1 of 1