Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament!

Go down 
+7
ixion124
null
Travis
Monkey
Mercury
Boy
Chris
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Greene1516
Rookie
Greene1516

Number of posts : 61
Friend Code : 2707-9490-0844
Registration date : 2009-05-19

Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament!   Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:45 pm

Jameszzy_G wrote:
It took two days for me to get my team ready, its not really hard. I think thats all who will sign up, since everyone else is either a gym leader or elite four.

But to be fair, and no disrespect, but some of us have busier lives than others and just because you got a team done up in two days doesn't mean every one has the means to do so. Also, if you tell people who sign that the tournament date is in short notice, they may already have something planned for that day that demands their attention and so you are down a (wo)man.

Trust me, I have organised tournies in the past for all sorts of games, and notice is the key to all success. If you put that tourney back a week or until the weekend (so that people have more time on their hands at the time) you will find it will go off much more smoothly.

BTW, also you said that only the current six will sign up because the rest are leaders or E4; are you telling me there's only 18 people on this site????
Back to top Go down
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male
Number of posts : 498
Friend Code : Diamond: 1891 3086 3833
Platinum: 5327 8963 7352
Soul Silver: 2665 3592 3834
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament!   Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:53 pm

Godless, just because the sign up date is 16th of June does not mean that battles must commence on that date. Round one will most likely end around June 25th onwards so you technically have about 11 days to prepare a team and battle your first round opponent.

However, this does seem like short notice so I will discuss this with Chris about delaying the tournament possibly a few days or a week if need be as soon as I can.

And we have 368 members on this site, although most of them are not active. =P
Back to top Go down
Greene1516
Rookie
Greene1516

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament!   Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 7:14 pm

Boy wrote:
Godless, just because the sign up date is 16th of June does not mean that battles must commence on that date. Round one will most likely end around June 25th onwards so you technically have about 11 days to prepare a team and battle your first round opponent.

However, this does seem like short notice so I will discuss this with Chris about delaying the tournament possibly a few days or a week if need be as soon as I can.

And we have 368 members on this site, although most of them are not active. =P

Ah cool. I was under the impression from Jameszzy's post that the 16th was the date. That sounds good then. Back to training then.
Back to top Go down
george
Noob
Noob
george

Male
Number of posts : 40
Friend Code : 4296 9241 3625

game name is george
Registration date : 2009-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament!   Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 8:22 pm

just need two more people
Back to top Go down
http://whitedragon-forum.forumotion.com
Mercury
Mercury

Male
Number of posts : 552
Friend Code : Platinum FC-1548 5398 5890
Pearl FC-0990 1089 5394
SSBB-2278 0801 1238
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament!   Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:36 am

I think you should already have your team ready before joining a tournament, which is why I didn't join the colour tournament.
Back to top Go down
Greene1516
Rookie
Greene1516

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament!   Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 5:38 am

Mercury wrote:
I think you should already have your team ready before joining a tournament, which is why I didn't join the colour tournament.

Well that would really limit what tournies you could join.
Back to top Go down
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male
Number of posts : 498
Friend Code : Diamond: 1891 3086 3833
Platinum: 5327 8963 7352
Soul Silver: 2665 3592 3834
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament!   Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 7:04 am

Mercury wrote:

GodlessM wrote:

While i do believe GodlessM's opinion is the correct one, it doesn't hurt to have spare trained Pokemon lying around that could be used in tournaments, which in turn obviously broadens the limit of tournies you can join =]. So it's a mixture of both imo.
Back to top Go down
pikachu 674
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 19
Friend Code : 5284 8177 7859

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament!   Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:17 am

grass 5284 8177 7859
Back to top Go down
Greene1516
Rookie
Greene1516

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament!   Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:35 am

Boy wrote:
Mercury wrote:

GodlessM wrote:

While i do believe GodlessM's opinion is the correct one, it doesn't hurt to have spare trained Pokemon lying around that could be used in tournaments, which in turn obviously broadens the limit of tournies you can join =]. So it's a mixture of both imo.

No doubt, and I do have spare guys lying around, but enough to make a whole team that are all one type is unlikely, and especially a team that can do well.

Anyway looks like we have 7 now, and a good mix so far. Most of the remaining types are typically powerful against each other, so for a balanced first round keeping the two water and two grass apart and the psychic from the ghost should help.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Admin
Admin
Chris

Male
Number of posts : 705
Friend Code : 1118 8172 5961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament!   Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:14 am

Okay, we now have 7 entrants, just one more spot left before the sign-ups are closed!

GodlessM wrote:
Is it really plausable to post this up and expect to have everyone ready and done in five days??? Just saying, if it is to go smoothly, you need time to arrange everything, I mean, you may only get the last participant tomorrow, and he will only have one day to prepare. Postponing to a later date would probably benefit both staff and participants.

Boy wrote:
I apologise for bringing up old posts but I would just like to clarify that Tuesday is the 16th June is the date that the first round will start. Usually in tournaments we allow between 7 and 10 days for the first round to take place to allow entrants to polish their teams and to find their opponents to battle. I would like to confirm in advance that the first round deadline will be around June 25th as Boy stated.

Edit: Kassandra has decided to join the tournament with her grass team! We now have all 8 participants. I will post the tourney tree soon.

--- Since we have all 8 entrants, this topic is now locked. ---
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament!   Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gym Leader Wannabe Tournament!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2