Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tourney Ideas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Admin
Admin
Chris

Male
Number of posts : 705
Friend Code : 1118 8172 5961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Tourney Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Tourney Ideas   Tourney Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:21 pm

We were discussing in the chat box about having a tourney to help boost the forum and so we need people's ideas. Please post below with what type of tourney you'd like to participate in next (eg. 6 vs 6 Over Used tourney / 6 vs 6 UU tourney etc.) I reckon we should go for another UU tourney using Smogon's old tier list before the reconstruction. Let us know what tourney you want! After a few days, I will put all of the options posted in a poll.
Back to top Go down
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male
Number of posts : 498
Friend Code : Diamond: 1891 3086 3833
Platinum: 5327 8963 7352
Soul Silver: 2665 3592 3834
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Tourney Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney Ideas   Tourney Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 6:10 pm

I think the current UU list of Smogons is way too imbalanced. How about a tourny with just Kanto pokemon or any of the others?

Or for some uniqueness, i saw this on another forum where u can use ubers, but are worth 3 pokemon slots, OU's worth 2 and UU's worth 1. This one might get complicated though lol
Back to top Go down
Rayquaza
Admin
Admin
Rayquaza

Male
Number of posts : 379
Friend Code : PSN : Terimaki_Chod

Registration date : 2008-04-05

Tourney Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney Ideas   Tourney Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 7:19 pm

I agree with boy,a tournament with kanto only or any other region only pokemon sounds fun.As you may or may not know my first team was all kanto pokes Razz I think boy meant that there was a tournament that allowed 3 UUs,2 OUs,and 1 Uber, idk might seem fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://rayquaza.forumotion.com
ixion124
ixion124

Male
Number of posts : 656
Badges : Tourney Ideas Flame
Friend Code : 1160 9739 5678
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Tourney Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney Ideas   Tourney Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:48 pm

Well theres always roulette tournaments, but most people feel uncomfortable trusting other people.

I saw one that had a point system, where you bet points on your battles and the person with the most points advances, kind of like the first season of yugioh thing. Kind of interesting.

Theres tag team, 2 people vs 2 people.

Ive heard of an abc tournament, where theres a word and you have pokemon that begin with each of those letters, ie the word POINTS:
P = Primeape
O = Octillery
I = Illumise
N = Noctowl
T = Tangrowth
S = Seaking
The lead would really be a limiting factor, as well as the word you choose.

Theres color, where you entire team would be of one color pokemon, hard to pull of though.

Last edited by ixion124 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chris
Admin
Admin
Chris

Male

Tourney Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney Ideas   Tourney Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:30 pm

Boy wrote:
I think the current UU list of Smogons is way too imbalanced.

I did say a UU tourney using Smogon's old tier list - The one which we still use here until Smogon fixes it.

Anyways, on a different matter, the ideas seem really fun and interesting! Keep them coming!
Back to top Go down
Boy
Trainer
Trainer
Boy

Male
Number of posts : 498
Friend Code : Diamond: 1891 3086 3833
Platinum: 5327 8963 7352
Soul Silver: 2665 3592 3834
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Tourney Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney Ideas   Tourney Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:11 am

Came up with an idea, seems a bit dodgey but here it is lol. A tournament with Weather Teams allowed only (e.g. Sunny Day, Hail, Rain Dance and/or Sandstorm).

Theme teams as well such as teams that revolve around a typing, a certain move or a style of play (such as U-Turn Team etc.)
Back to top Go down
Chris
Admin
Admin
Chris

Male

Tourney Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney Ideas   Tourney Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 7:20 am

Topic Locked. Voting is now available in the tournament ideas poll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tourney Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney Ideas   Tourney Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourney Ideas
Page 1 of 1