Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!

Go down 
+10
Known Unknown
chomper
Nova
Pawn
LoneQuincy
Gabe
Starmie
DJ Scope
Ito le Typhlito
Chrono
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chrono
Admin
Admin
Chrono

Male
Number of posts : 1504
Ribbons : League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Chrono12
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2008-09-21

League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Empty
PostSubject: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 2:14 pm

Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to the new Rayquaza Forum League! We will have some changes to make it more challenging for you the challengers and fairer for the Gym Leaders! I know there has been a long wait and trust me we are almost done and the league will open fully in time for summer! Okay so as for the changes in place...

1) Gym Leader Type Changes ACT
Okay from here on out, if a gym leader wants to change their type they will have to step down from Gym Leadership for TWO months before reapplying for their new type. This means you are not allowed to apply for one type and within a week change if you are not happy.

2) Dual Elite 4 Clause
Elite 4 are now allowed to apply for 2 types in 1. You may still apply to be a monotype elite 4 but if you want to add a new type, you will have to step down from position, thus leading to "Gym Leader Type Changes ACT" Above. Those who have Elite 4 Position now, will be able to change without stepping down, due to this being a conversion. Finally, a gym leader is not allowed to chose a primary elite 4 type. For example, if an elite 4 is Fire/Grass, the primary type is Fire thus fire is not allowed to be used but grass is still allowed for gym leaders.

3) Amendment of the Super Effective Clause
The limit to two super effective pokemon has now been removed. You may use more super effective pokemon. IF a gym leader is only pure monotype then the supper effective clause says in effect

4) Limiting Law
From now on, you must chose a max of 10 pokemon (8 for elite 4(this may change)) of your choice and register them on the section before challenging any member of the league. You may ONLY use the pokemon that you have chosen and registered. IF you use a pokemon other than those you will lose the match. The league members will have access to this list but wont know what pokemon you will chose. When challenging a member you must select 6 from the 10 you have picked. Every 2 gyms defeated you are allowed to substitute 1 pokemon in replace for one of the 10, with the approval of a mod or Admin.

5) Battle Frontier Bill
The Battle Frontier will also be opening soon, we will have 5 Brains and they will get to chose their own style of battling, the Limiting Law will have no effect on the Frontier. Anyone is legible to try out for Brain position, however priority will be given to Gym Leaders who are stepping down for the position. More information on the Frontier will be provided once testing starts.

This may be all for now, keep looking for further updates! If you have any questions or suggestions, or even complaints (I hope not!) then comment below! We would also like to hear your opinion, if you would like to try the new rules or not? This is your league so help us to help you!

Last edited by Chrono on Fri May 03, 2013 5:59 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male
Number of posts : 1901
Ribbons : Fire/Grass E4

League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! My_e4_11
Friend Code : SoulSilver
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373
Registration date : 2011-01-22

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:00 pm

I love how you add act and law to these. Makes it look like its so full of authority xD
Back to top Go down
Chrono
Admin
Admin
Chrono

Male

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 2:10 am

I do try ito! Ive added some more information, and please guys comment we need to hear your opinions to know if these are a good idea!
Back to top Go down
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male

0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:33 pm

ok so since making your gym dual type is optional, we should have 2 sets of rules. You mentioned the rules for dual gyms but for regualr gyms, we should just use the normal rules (plus limiting) so you could only use 2 super effectives for that gym.
Back to top Go down
DJ Scope
Noob
Noob
DJ Scope

Male
Number of posts : 22
Friend Code : White: 2666 2325 7183
Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:06 am

You should keep the super effective clause because it adds challenge for the gym challengers(lol). Otherwise I think these new rules are pretty solid. I think I might tryout for grass/rock. That would be super helpful to me anyway.
Back to top Go down
Chrono
Admin
Admin
Chrono

Male

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 4:48 am

*update* minor changes!

Thanks for your contribution DJ! it will be noted in further discussion! anyone else want to put in their say? Are they good? Bad?
Back to top Go down
DJ Scope
Noob
Noob
DJ Scope

Male
Number of posts : 22
Friend Code : White: 2666 2325 7183
Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 5:45 pm

So since only three people have decided to post on this topic so far, I'm going to rundown the rules and say what I think of each. Kosher?

1) Gym Leader Type Change ACT - this rule makes sense. When a gym leader wants to change his/her type they can't do so immediately and it allows for more frequently changing gym leaders.

2) Dual Gym/Elite Four Clause - this will add a new twist and I like it. Will make things more difficult by allowing gym leaders to begin to cover up their usual weaknesses with something new. I'm all for it cause I'm changing my tryout from grass to grass/rock.

3) Super Effective Clause - this needs to stay, otherwise people would face mono teams that trump theirs. This isn't kosher and takes away from the spirit of the game. Also if i make gym leader I wouldn't want to see mono-bug or mono-fire. That would suck.

4) Limiting Law - this adds and interesting dynamic to the game. Me likes. It would also help for people to not see full mono teams as their opponents and it allows people to help plan for enemy teams.

5) Battle Frontier - Cool Story. Maybe we will see double, triple, and rotation battles rise to more prominence. Perhaps 1 v 1 with banning certain items. I don't really know, I'm just throwing out suggestion.

So yea thats it. I'm excited and almost everyone should be on this topic.
Back to top Go down
Starmie
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain
Starmie

Male
Number of posts : 56
Friend Code : Showdown
Registration date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 6:14 pm

I like the new set of rules . it makes things much more interesting.
I like how you have 2 rules for super effective clause
so if u choose mono , for Instence rock they can't bring all water

great ideas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chrono
Admin
Admin
Chrono

Male

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 3:47 pm

Thank you guys for your contribution, it has been taken into consideration, we are going a head and trying out these new rules! The league is now open aswell!
Back to top Go down
Gabe
Trainer
Trainer
Gabe

Male
Number of posts : 368
Badges : League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! 30px-Basic_Badge League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! 20px-Mineral_Badge League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! 20px-Rising_BadgeLeague Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! 20px-Mind_Badge
Friend Code : Gen 5 (Black):4298-2782-6321

Gen 5 (Black 2):1850 9848 4069
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 7:05 pm

But shouldn't the gyms be just like in the games? I mean, you can use any team against in-game gyms, and most of the time it's actually pretty hard to beat. I don't think that it would be different here, Since most gym leaders are some really good players with good strategies.
I Agree to all other changes, You have done well Chrono.
Back to top Go down
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male

0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 9:25 pm

ok for anyone who wants to try out please post on the link below

https://rayquaza.forumotion.com/t163-post-if-you-want-to-become-a-gym-leader

mention what type(s) you want to try out for and what times you are available so we can prepare accordingly. Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chrono
Admin
Admin
Chrono

Male

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 6:01 am

Amendment on the "Duel Elite 4 Type Clause"..

In summery, Gyms are no longer dual as there was no popularity for this.

Elite 4 are still duel but Primary types cannot be chosen by elite 4...this includes; Water, Flying, Fire, Ice.

Back to top Go down
LoneQuincy
Pokemon Lover
Pokemon Lover
LoneQuincy

Male
Number of posts : 180
Friend Code : White: 3697-5947-3122
Registration date : 2010-07-22

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 11:38 pm

I'm not necessarily fond of the 10 pokemon list. As any former gym leader can tell you I enjoy mixing things up A LOT(ex. Stock-Belly Snorlax against Ito, The trolling Drapion I used against Pawn). Limiting a player to 10 pokemon to use for all gyms could result in most challengers just registering the top 10 in smogon's monthly OU usage stats. I think the league will become too serious, but I guess we'll see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Pawn
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain
Pawn

Male
Number of posts : 715
Symbols : League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! 20px-Tacticssymbol
Friend Code : 0432 5553 5950 - diamond
0819 3370 9446 - white
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 4:21 am

Im with lone on this one.. and you left out pikagirl too >.>
Back to top Go down
Chrono
Admin
Admin
Chrono

Male

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:16 am

Well the reason for said rule was because we (the staff) felt the league was too easy and speaking with some members they felt that there was no challenge. As you said players may use the top 10 pokemon OU pokemon, I hope that members will use a mix of pokemon and not just the top 10.

The other issue was that the use of pokegen made it a bit unfair as challengers could gen a full counter team 5-10 minutes before and win. As many of the Staff has witness and agreed isn't really the point of the league. Thus no thought was put into challenging a gym. This way one must think of a way to counter gyms with the use of only 10 pokemon and provides a bit more strategy on your part rather than the gym leader's.

I have confidence that the league will be more challenging. More challenging league will bring more fun as it isn't easy.

so fun, fun,fun,funfun,fun,fun
Back to top Go down
LoneQuincy
Pokemon Lover
Pokemon Lover
LoneQuincy

Male

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:12 pm

It will be more challenging, but If People realize too late that they don't know how to make their 10 work people will start getting frustrated. As I former GL, I know how easy it is for a challenger to make a full counter team. That's why the GL's have to take responsibilty for having more than one strategy. I trained at least 1 of every Fighting type so that I could change things up on repeat challengers.
Back to top Go down
Pawn
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain
Pawn

Male
Number of posts : 715
Symbols : League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! 20px-Tacticssymbol
Friend Code : 0432 5553 5950 - diamond
0819 3370 9446 - white
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 8:18 pm

thats what i did too lone, and chrono, for your "10 pokemon" rule, is that 10 pokemon with only 1 set, or can you have several variations to use of said 10 pokemon?
Back to top Go down
LoneQuincy
Pokemon Lover
Pokemon Lover
LoneQuincy

Male

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 8:54 pm

They can't limit you to 1 set. You can change the sets and such as you see fit, but I still think 10 mons will only get you so far before you lose interest in the whole thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:04 pm

are Gym leaders able to apply if they only do pokemon online/ showdown
Back to top Go down
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male

0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:13 pm

Dont think we actually thought about the sets lol. Im guessin you can use whatever sets you want.
Back to top Go down
Chrono
Admin
Admin
Chrono

Male

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Well the staff will always be happy to provide help to those members who need it. We are hoping that the league will not be taken as much of a joke as it has in the past. No Pawn there is no limit of the variation of pokemon you can have, E.G if Vaporeon is one of your choices you can have hundreds of vaporeons and it will still count as 1 slot.

I see where you arguement is coming from but why should it only be challenging for the gym leader? Most types are restricted in what they can do as a result even good players can get 4/5/6-0 easily by a challenger. Yes we are saying that the gym leader shouldn't have an easy passage but most challengers during the last league run were stating it was "too easy". We hope that people will see this challenge and take it on, as there is no point in buying a game and playing it on easy (unless you are a complete n00bz).

In all fairness do you propose a counter method to making the league more challenging?
Back to top Go down
LoneQuincy
Pokemon Lover
Pokemon Lover
LoneQuincy

Male

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 2:36 pm

Banning perma-weather would help most gyms. While it is a powerful tool, Most gyms are limited in ways to remove opposing weather and some type that can (i.e. Dark) would be severely limited in what they could bring so that their counter-weather doesn't hurt the team synergy.

Just a thought, will post more stuff when I think of it
Back to top Go down
Nova
Trainer
Trainer
Nova

Male
Number of posts : 347
Symbols : League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! 20px-Lucksymbolsilver
Friend Code : League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! 50px-Lucksymbol
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Ban weather for gyms is eh.
Ban weather for E4 is not an option imo. Especially since they get double types so they can have a type that benefits from weather that also hurts.
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 7:11 pm

Someone tell this Quincy guy to stop talking. If it isnt obvious by now he doesnt know competitive pokemon.

Chrono made this 10 mons rules to make the league more challenging. The league in the past was a "fairy" joke. There are people rolling around with 8 badges and cant even get top 300 on the ladder. The only time a leader wins is if hes playing a against a noob.

Banning perma weather, ewww dont do that. I bet this Quincy guy doesnt even know how weather works.

Quincy wanna tell me why people use sand? Ill come back later and post the correct answer but I doubt you know what that answer is.

Hint: Stoutland sand rush or 1/16 residual dmg every turn isnt the correct answer...
Back to top Go down
Starmie
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain
Starmie

Male
Number of posts : 56
Friend Code : Showdown
Registration date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 2:18 pm

I actually like the 10 Pokemon thing, it will might you think more and make things interesting. It stops you from making a team to defeat a gym( let's say fire) you make a team to defeat it then u lose that team and make another to beat the next that makes things boring and the new rule will be very awesome.

As for the banning weather , I disagree what if the gym leader wants to use weather. That's part of there strategy they would need it . IT wouldn't be fair to ban the challengers from using it either. I say let us use weather.

Sand is one of the best weather, well I think it is lol. I leave it to the guy Allen wants to answer it tho .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!   League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

League Update ~ New Rules and Regulations!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next