Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RMT for OU "Weird Water"

Go down 
+3
LoneQuincy
AK
Quarterghost
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Quarterghost
Noob
Noob
Quarterghost

Number of posts : 18
Friend Code : 3268 1756 5749
Registration date : 2012-09-08

RMT for OU "Weird Water" Empty
PostSubject: RMT for OU "Weird Water"   RMT for OU "Weird Water" Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:50 pm

So I had this idea about a week ago and decided to make a new team using the UU of the OU tier. I know there is a glaring weakness in the form of Psychic attacks but i haven't had much of a challenge out of them as of yet. My current record for this team is 33-1, with a 25 win streak.

Here are prime examples of how the team can function.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Jaws (Sharpedo) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Protect
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

This is my main form of countering the psychic types aswell as my sweeper. Protect gives him the chance to get a speed boost up as well as recon for the move they will try to use on him.

OU 2013 (Nidoking) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Thunder
- Surf (Maybe a better move but still something that covers a fire type on a balloon)

This big guy is where i origially started the thought process with this team. I wanted to have someone who could have the potential for sweeping/revenging. As of late I have not used him nearly as much as i would like to, but he is still there if i need to hurt something.

Hard Body (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn

The newest enstallment to this team is now something that A) Grants great protection/counter to psychic types B) Can hit a multitude of things for a severe amount of damage fairly regularly

Pwny (Keldeo) @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Substitute
- Secret Sword

My little pony here is one of the more defensive pokemon on this team but he also has the potential to sweep a team with minimal effort. Im thinking of putting some investment into special defense. (if this sounds like a good idea tell me)

Yea I Swift (Infernape) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- ThunderPunch

The flaming, banging, fury inducing monkey is back people. This set im using as means to get up rocks and to hurt (pretty bad too) the opponants lead. I can also use him as a late game sash breaker for any Alakazams and other pesky sashers running around.

Demented (Politoed) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song
- Focus Blast

This guy is probably the wallflower of the group. I use him to get rain up and help my Sharpedo deal heavy damage with the rain. Perish song is there to make any stall just a 3 turn stall.

Thanks guys/girls/it's in advance if you helped me make this awesome team even better.

Last edited by Quarterghost on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:24 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male
Number of posts : 917
Badges : RMT for OU "Weird Water" 30px-Basic_Badge
Friend Code : Showdown & Pokemon Online
Registration date : 2010-12-20

PostSubject: Re: RMT for OU "Weird Water"   RMT for OU "Weird Water" Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 8:59 pm

First of all, i dont understand what youre trying to do by using infernape in a rain team. there are many other stealth rockers that can benefit from the rain too. also, fake out toxicroak? what, not even with life orb? thats going to be doing nothing. substitute + swords dance set is the best. sucker punch and bullet punch together is usless, i dont understand ur thought process here. You have to also understand Nidoking is going to get ohko'd by any water move, so ur rain isnt helping out here except for sharpedo, which both are too frail to be in OU. Your whole team looks like it can be swept by a scarf moxie salamence, even with u having sucker punch intact, without life orb or swords dance he will take that with ease. you need to re adjust ur team, its not competitive material.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/sasymankanpro
LoneQuincy
Pokemon Lover
Pokemon Lover
LoneQuincy

Male
Number of posts : 180
Friend Code : White: 3697-5947-3122
Registration date : 2010-07-22

PostSubject: Re: RMT for OU "Weird Water"   RMT for OU "Weird Water" Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 2:39 am

Instead of Toxicroak, might I suggest

Basculin@Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Att, 4 Def, 252 Spe
-Aqua Jet
-Waterfall
-Superpower
-Zen Headbutt/Crunch/Bounce

Maybe look at Cobalion instead of Ape. This also helps you lose a little of your psychic weakness since Cobalion takes neutral damage. Cobalion has access to Stealth Rock, Volt Switch, and a plethora of other moves, but I haven't played with him enough to give you a suggested set.
Back to top Go down
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male
Number of posts : 917
Badges : RMT for OU "Weird Water" 30px-Basic_Badge
Friend Code : Showdown & Pokemon Online
Registration date : 2010-12-20

PostSubject: Re: RMT for OU "Weird Water"   RMT for OU "Weird Water" Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 2:42 pm

what happened to UU pokemon not fitting into the OU tier.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/sasymankanpro
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male
Number of posts : 1901
Ribbons : Fire/Grass E4

RMT for OU "Weird Water" My_e4_11
Friend Code : SoulSilver
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373
Registration date : 2011-01-22

PostSubject: Re: RMT for OU "Weird Water"   RMT for OU "Weird Water" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:06 pm

welll sharpedo only had the chance to sweep that well in the video because there was no priority. many people have priority so sharpedo is easily ko'd. Maybe conkerdurr can benefit you team as a slow sweeper or maybe tornadus/thuderus since rain with them is bread and butter but anyway yeah. Try sticking with ou pokemon unless the other pokemon have a role no one else can fill.
Back to top Go down
rocklugia
Noob
Noob

Male
Number of posts : 5
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2012-12-30

PostSubject: Re: RMT for OU "Weird Water"   RMT for OU "Weird Water" Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 6:53 pm

yeah ito le typhlito is right sharpedo isnt very useful for ur team, i now it's it's pretty noobish but u could use Tornadus-T instead. iirc it's the fastest or second fastest in ou(is jolteon still ou?) plus it has u-turrn to get momentum, and don't even get me started on hurricane.
terrakion could replace infernape as your fighting type and stealth rock setter
Focus Sash
Jolly
~ Stealth Rock
~ Taunt / Swords Dance
~ Stone Edge
~ Close Combat
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

you could use taunt or swords dance, swords dance is just in cause u have an opportunity to sweep, and taunt is to prevent deoxys-d, skarmory, forretress, or ferrothorn from setting hazards. Although if you would really want to prevent hazards you could add a rapid spinner or espeon/xatu.

Hope I helped
-Rocklugia
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: RMT for OU "Weird Water"   RMT for OU "Weird Water" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:16 am

Quarterghost wrote:
My current record for this team is 33-1, with a 25 win streak.

I hope no one believes this claim, cus im seriously gonna cry if anyone does. In fact I just look up your record- https://2img.net/h/oi48.tinypic.com/k3sqb8.png. You have 25wins and 20 loses, thats like a 1 win 1 lost ratio. And tbh thats not really good, an average player should have a 7:1 w/l ratio, and pros should have 10+/1 ratio.

You clearly dont know the foundation to rain offense, so theres no way you coulda even win 10 games in a row. Rain offense is one of the top teams in todays metagame because theres not alot of teams out there that will give it a rough time.

The foundation to all rain offense is: Politoed + kingdra counter(ferrothorn or defensive jirachi) and Tornadus-T. Good or bad rain offense teams is how well you play your last 3 pokes. So yeah rain offense is a 3 pokemon team because the first 3 are mandatory.

I agree with AK, many beginners who play weather teams tend to counterfeit themself by letting your opponent abuse your weather, kingdra obv sweeps you, scarf keldeo sweeps you. Dragon dancers rapes you, should mence or dnite get a dance up its a forced checkmate. Latios or hydreigon can spam surf and get a kill everytime thanks to your rain. Deoxys+Ghost team is an auto win vs yours. And tornadus-t rapes you with hurricane.

Nidoking is a bad pokemon in standard. You dont even have ice beam to revenge Tornadus and dragons. Even if you run ice beam, your still slower than +1 mence so you cant revenge that at all. Run scarf keldeo if you want a revenge killer/hard hitter, hydropump in the rain hits like a nuke, the only stuff that can take a hit are pokes thats immune to water. It ohko brelooms, 2hko mence and rotoms with hydropump. Hp ice can let you revenge kill dragons.

Psychic attacks are almost dead in 5th gen, no one uses them. The only psychic attacks you see are alakazam and reuniclus, and those pokes usage isnt even that high, latios sometimes carry psychic and starmie almost never have psychic so yeah toxicroak is a check to starmie.

Showdown is pretty damn soft, at least for me. I havent played pokemon in a while and made an account yesterday, won 25-0 ( https://2img.net/h/oi49.tinypic.com/2144j0p.png ). Pokemon is so boring now, I got tired of smashing ppl, back to retirement, cant wait till 6th gen.

Back to top Go down
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male

0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

PostSubject: Re: RMT for OU "Weird Water"   RMT for OU "Weird Water" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 3:39 pm

beong #1 is a lonely spot huh :T Great to see you back btw
Back to top Go down
Gates
Elite 4
Gates

Male
Number of posts : 439
Ribbons : Water/Psychic E4

RMT for OU "Weird Water" Cap_s_10
Friend Code : White 2: 4599 7402 6728
SSB: 5284-2554-0925
Registration date : 2012-07-04

PostSubject: Re: RMT for OU "Weird Water"   RMT for OU "Weird Water" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 10:39 am

yeah it can be
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: RMT for OU "Weird Water"   RMT for OU "Weird Water" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:47 pm

Nah I aint really back, just making a quick stop. So yesterday I made another account and gave pokemon another shot. Won 28-0 easilyyyyyy.

Sighhhh I guess sometimes its harder to lose than to win.

GG no re.
Back to top Go down
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male

0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

PostSubject: Re: RMT for OU "Weird Water"   RMT for OU "Weird Water" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:18 pm

hey allen lets have a battle sometime. Really want to see how much better you got
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RMT for OU "Weird Water"   RMT for OU "Weird Water" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RMT for OU "Weird Water"
Page 1 of 1