Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Smogon Tour

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Smogon Tour Empty
PostSubject: Smogon Tour   Smogon Tour Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Want to get recognize in the pokemon community without having to ladder? Laddering might be time consuming (even tho it only takes 4hrs to get to #1) and unless you are a regular at top 10 or #1, people wont know who you are.

Well now you can, introducing the smogon tour (LINK). They host every weekend for 9 weeks, at the end the top 16 players will make the playoffs and play for a smogons champ title.

What benefits does the smogon champ get?

Well first off you get a badge in your profile and everyone in the smogon community will know who you are. You get the be in the smogons tiering council and have a HUGE saying about what pokes should be in what tiers. You get to be in QC and gets approve and reject sets that others posted. So bascially you get almost EVERYTHING that smogon has to offer.

How hard are these tours?

I took a shoot at one last weekend and won it thanks to some major luck :]. I have to say this is one of the toughest tour on the net, I dont usually struggle this much in pokemon but this tour just shocked me how competitve this is. Some people said that winning a tour is almost like getting #1 on the ladder because you are playing against some of the toughest players. So this is like a shortcut for those they dont have time to ladder but want to show the world that you are the best.

Last edited by Iris on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nova
Trainer
Trainer
Nova

Male
Number of posts : 347
Symbols : Smogon Tour 20px-Lucksymbolsilver
Friend Code : Smogon Tour 50px-Lucksymbol
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Smogon Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smogon Tour   Smogon Tour Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Lmao I would love for someone not that experienced to win and screw up the whole meta with pokes in ridiculous tiers but anyways thanks for the post allen! I'll check this out sometime and maybe go for it. Good job on winning btw.
Back to top Go down
Chrono
Admin
Admin
Chrono

Male
Number of posts : 1504
Ribbons : Smogon Tour Chrono12
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Smogon Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smogon Tour   Smogon Tour Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:06 pm

All I can say is wow, we have a Smogon offical among us now! now if Rayquaza forum wants something done, Allen can pull us a few strings Wink haha sorry we don't have to abuse your power...

I might join one summer, after i get a few practices in, is it just a standard 6v6 no ubers? But hyper competitive?
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female

Smogon Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smogon Tour   Smogon Tour Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:11 pm

Shut up Insane Im still mad at you for not watching. But yeah everyone is using rain offense and the most competitive stuff so its be hard to go original and win.

Yeah its standard BW, 4th gen, and 3rd gen tours. IF you think PO is competitive try joining this tour, all I have to say.
Back to top Go down
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male
Number of posts : 917
Badges : Smogon Tour 30px-Basic_Badge
Friend Code : Showdown & Pokemon Online
Registration date : 2010-12-20

Smogon Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smogon Tour   Smogon Tour Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:33 pm

hahahhaha allen <3 do u need to sign up like a week beore or what? its every tier for every gen right? including UU?also its hard to get notice anytime because someone like me has quite a few alta :p
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/sasymankanpro
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female

Smogon Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smogon Tour   Smogon Tour Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:11 pm

You register on the same day. 30 min before the tour starts. Its only standard OU. They usually last about 2 hrs.

They have ADV, D/P/Pt, and BW all OU only.

Yeah man, laddering is a waste of time, yeah you get #1, proves you're a good player but you have to be #1 for a while or else no one will rmr you and trust me its tough to maintain #1 for months.

But winning a tour is like a trophy, no one can take it away from you.
Back to top Go down
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male
Number of posts : 917
Badges : Smogon Tour 30px-Basic_Badge
Friend Code : Showdown & Pokemon Online
Registration date : 2010-12-20

Smogon Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smogon Tour   Smogon Tour Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:25 pm

when years pass you soon realize trying to be famous from pokemon was a waste of time anyway LOL
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/sasymankanpro
Sponsored content

Smogon Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smogon Tour   Smogon Tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smogon Tour
Page 1 of 1