Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested

Go down 
+2
Lynjabear
AK
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male
Number of posts : 917
Badges : AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested 30px-Basic_Badge
Friend Code : Showdown & Pokemon Online
Registration date : 2010-12-20

AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Empty
PostSubject: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 12:19 am

I'd like to call this a "series". Every now and then I will be posting custom moveset of pokemon, and will explaining and analyzing each pokemon and their move. I will also making custom moveset youtube videos (already have some) so stay tuned! First off will be Toxicroak.

1.Toxicroak

2.Blissey

3.Mandibuzz

4.Tangrowth

5.Tangrowth

6.Weavile

Last edited by AK on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:45 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/sasymankanpro
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:24 pm

Alright the first set I will be going over for toxicroak is a stall set. I call this, The StallCroak.

AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested 454f

Nickname: StoxiCroak

Set: Toxic / Substitute / Protect / Drain Punch|Focus Punch

Item: Black Sludge

Ability: Dry Skin

EVS: 252 HP / 136 Speed / 122 Atk

Jolly Nature

This Toxicroak will work a lot better in the rain. The first thing you do is Substitute. Then you toxic, protect, and repeat the process. You will regain all your HP upon doing this because you are getting Dry Skin + Black Sludge Recovery. This set beats slower pokemon. If behind a sub and facing a faster pokemon, predict a substitute break and substitute again, you will be regained to original amount of HP. Next time we will be going over Blissey. Focus punch can work as it hits harder but drain punch is better to recover more hp and to recover hp even when your substitute is broken.

This is the second set that I will be going over which focus' on Blissey.

AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested 242

Nickname: Serene

Set: Calm Mind|Charge Beam / Thunder / Ice Beam / Softboiled

Item: Leftovers

Ability: Serene Grace

EVS: 252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 SDef

Modest Nature

This is probably the only Blissey you will without natural cure. Also keep in mind this set is used in the rain. Blissey has an impressive 273 sp.atk. With thunder and serene grace, it has a chance of paralyzing something by 60%. With charge beam, you will always gain a sp.atk. Ice beam is for Gliscors and other grounds and dragons (who have already been paralyzed) Or latios without psyshock. Next we will be going Mandibuzz.

Finally the third set is here, I am going to go over Mandibuzz, my favorite bird in RU|LU.

AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested 630

Nickname: Dark N Nasty

Set: Nasty Plot / Dark Pulse / Heat Wave / Roost

Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

Abilitiy Weak Armor

EVS: 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 HP

Modest Nature

This is an amazing set that I discovered that I might post on smogon. Mandibuzz has a pathetic 229 sp.atk. but with nasty plost rising it to 458 sp.atk and a stab dark pulse that nothing can really take except sp.def hitmonchan, this this can literally sweep if life orb is intact. Roost is necessary if holding life orb and is a filler move. weak armor is an ability which lowers your def while raising your speed upon being hit by a PHYSICAL move, which gives you a higher potential of sweeping. Heat Wave is for amoonguss, tangela, and the very few steel types (steelix and klinklang. If you have a nasty plot up and youre carrying life orb a long with a speed boost (mandibuzz gets max 284 speed but modest is 259 along with speed boost is 388 speed-same as DD dnite) ,,,,, youre on your way to sweeping, and with mandibuzz's incredible bulk this set will really work. The next set, will be for tentacruel, which will be the same as the toxicroak set.

Now its time for Tentacruel.

AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested 073

Nickname: Squidward

Set: Toxic / Protect / Substitute / Psyshock|Psychic|Scald

Item: Black Sludge

Ability: Rain Dish

EVS: 252 HP / 252 Speed / 4 SpAtk

Another set I am considering putting on smogon, this is another marvelous set which is pretty much the same thing as toxicroak, althought the toxicroak set has more of a surprise factor. Sadly this set is walled by steel types, the psyshock is only there to hit toxicroaks who wall this set. You can have scald to have a poison/burn combo going on as well, other than that tentacruel is a lot faster, has a bit more defense, much more special defense, and a slightly low sp.atk although with scald you are getting a rain boost. Another reason why this might work better is because the toxicroak set is backfired in the sun-as even the offensive ones are becaue you are losing HP from dry skin but a stall set in the sun can literally do nothing,as you are losing a bit of hp every turn.
Next will be Tangrowth.

Alright heres the next set featuring Tangrowth.

AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested 465f

Nickname: Tangy Man

Set: Power Whip, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Sleep Powder

Ability: Regenerator

Item: Choice Band

Nature: Adamant

Evs: 252 HP, 252 Atk / 4 Def

This is a very underrated Tangrowth set. Most people tend to run choicespecs tangrowth but hs lackable sp.def pool. altho a bande tangrowth doesnt worry about leaf storm sp.atk drops and it has reliable earthquake for steel types, and rock slide for flying types like zapdos. sleep powder for filler move and also because its nice o put something to sleep and you bluff the choice band

Time for weavile! this is an epic set.

Weavile

AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested 461

Set: Beat up, ice punch/ice shard, low kick/brick break, subsitute

Item:Kings Rock

EVS: 252 Atk , 176 Speed , 76 HP

Jolly

176 speed ensures you outspeed all pokes with 361 speed. with kings rock beat up weavile will become like serene grace- 50% flinch chance. it is STAB as well, substitute is to avoid status inflicting moves. ice shard is just priority to finish pokemon off. extra evs in hp to set up more substitute-take hits slightly better. this should always be used as lead.

Last edited by AK on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lynjabear
Noob
Noob
Lynjabear

Number of posts : 4
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2012-09-23

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 11:45 am

Something that you might want to consider instead of drain punch is focus punch, which will work in tandem with the substitute. Also, I'd put more EVs into attack personally, but that's only because I think that this toxicroak should be focused more on luring in opponents such as Jellicent, which usually wall it cold, and defeating them with substitute, protect, and toxic, while getting a free toxic or focus punch on the next pokemon. Although this set is cool and novel, I still think that it's severely outclassed by essentially any other staller, such as Gliscor or even Tentacruel, that can either function well outside of the rain while boasting much better attacking stats. In my opinion, 83/65/65 is not bulky enough, even with HP investment, to act as a reliable staller.
Back to top Go down
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:32 pm

thanks for the recommendation lynja bear, i would take into consideration of putting moree attack then sped because 295 speed youre not really outspeeding anything (speed tieing hydreigon) but thats it, i think 263 speed is enough so yall can put more evs in to attack but i dont recommend focus punch just cuz pokes like genesect will be staying in trying to kill you and with drain punch you just keep reviving hp.

***UPDATED WITH BLISSEY SET*********
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:27 pm

The Blissey set is cool, pretty creative however I agree with Lynjabear that Toxicroak is outclassed my gliscor.

Btw someone post a similar toxicroak set on smogon and got rejected. You might wanna read what they have to say about it. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3460311

In the future if you have a cool set you wanna share, try posting it on smogon as well as here, and if you get 3 QC approved your set gets to be on thier page.
Back to top Go down
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 3:51 pm

let me asure u that i did not steal this set! and il dustpised of the comments because toxic stallj croak is working well for me. max hp takes only 55% from flash cannon while regaining hp and doing 40% with drain punch, black sludge, and dry skin. with protect, you regain all your hp! also keep in mind people are saying psychics and steels stop it cold(cept genesect and magnezone) and if you put enough evs u can outspeed max speed heatran and drain punch it (right now my set is 264 speed but im reverting to 279 or possibly 285 to also outspeed jolly mamo). but anyway every pokemon and its set has a weakness. psychics are to be taken care of with another poke. i suggest you guys test my sets. thanks for liking my blissey set i will update with toxicroak set soon i will edit this post to let yall know.

ps should i post this different evs spread on smogon (also has drain punch instead of focus punch)

****MANDIBUZZ SET POSTED******

Last edited by AK on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male
Number of posts : 1901
Ribbons : Fire/Grass E4

AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested My_e4_11
Friend Code : SoulSilver
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373
Registration date : 2011-01-22

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:19 pm

thing about blissy is as long as yu can get rid of fighting types, it would prob do great cuz fighting types are attracted to blissys
Back to top Go down
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:06 pm

UPDARED WITH MANDIBUZZ AND TENTACRUEL*****
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:54 pm

Someone already submitted both of your sets to smogon......The reason why its not on the main page is because they got rejected for not being viable in this metagame.

Mandibuzz: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85725

Tenta: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3449946
Back to top Go down
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:56 pm

omg i swear i have NOT been stealing i told itonabout this manibuzz set 2 months ago T_T what about the blissey set? i will not give up on making even the most gimmicky bs...
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 12:30 pm

You might wanna start posting your sets on smogon and link us to your page. You get alot better ratings by players that knows alot about competitive pokemon.

If anyone is reading this and have a original COMPETITIVE set that they wanna share, try posting it on smogon and if you get 3 QC (quality control) members to approve, then your set gets to be on the smogon main page. And if you get 3 rejections then your set gets locked and archived. Just make sure no one has submitted your set already or has been rejected.

BTW Adrains Durant (Link) has been submitted by someone on July 2012 and got 3 QC approved and now on the main page. I think I battled him before that date so should he post that on the day he battled me, he would've gotten the credit for it.

PS: Your toxicroak, mandibuzz, tentacruel has been posted by someone already and didnt get approved, so you might want to post something else on there.

Back to top Go down
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:26 pm

the blissey posted 2008 is different, ill be posting

thunder
ice beam
charge beam/calm mind
softboiled

serene grace/natural cure

how does that sound?
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Go ahead and try bro. Good luck getting QC.
Back to top Go down
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:23 pm

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4409954#post4409954 heres the link to my BLISSEY SET.
Also allen i dont se any sub toxic tentacruel in that link

and that mandibuzz is a long time ago with no heat wave so i am trying those 2 as well.
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:34 pm

lol, why are you posting that blissey in the archive section? This is where you're suppose to post it. http://www.smogon.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156

Or did they archive your post?
Back to top Go down
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:42 pm

yes i posted it on the 5th gen OU analysis--- i dont even thnk its possible to post on archives unless ur mod and also reply my pms so yes they archived it i saw 2 mods viewing it
Back to top Go down
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male

0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:35 pm

hey ak you should consider having a sub on blissy since it can save if from status and possibly parahax switch in counters.
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:55 pm

Probably someone already post a similar blissey set there.
Back to top Go down
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:01 pm

UPDATED WITH TANGROWTH SET*****
Back to top Go down
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male

0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 5:09 pm

tangrowth is alright but i dont think it would do all that well since it cant tank that many hits since its slow. so it would have to be a hit n runner making it prone to rocks or even worse, toxic spikes.
Back to top Go down
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 5:36 pm

but that can be said about specsking and specsbro
Back to top Go down
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:52 pm

god this is what i hate about people these days . im sharing with you guys some DECENT set you can use and i dont get ANY positive feedbacks.
Back to top Go down
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male

0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 7:32 pm

they only giving you constructive criticism so you can improve your cool move sets. Your sets are good but they just telling you the holes in it. You do think up better custom sets than most people.
Back to top Go down
Chrono
Admin
Admin
Chrono

Male
Number of posts : 1504
Ribbons : AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Chrono12
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:54 pm

i actually tried all your sets in a team + politoed and it actually turned out to be very decent, it you remove all the physical attackers, you can actually get a bilissey sweep, and i had a lot of rage when gliscor comes in and bam, ice beam ko. however phyiscal moves no matter what they are never seem to gain a OHKO on blissey, i know it has weak phyiscal but i was hopeing for some survival.

the mandibuzz set is also really pratical as it can with stand an attack, gain some speed, nasty plot, proceed to sweep hopefully flinch, although priority moves are the key weakness to this set.

Toxicroak, is also a pratical set, althought I found drain punch to be more useful, as focus punch was hard to set up, if they kept hitting you, sub would break, repeat, + protect...

tenta, wow how i love this trolling people with protect and blacksludge so much hatred for it + scald burn when you need it most of course

tangrowth, this set suprised me with the amount of KOs is can rack up, and the amount of abuse and attacks it can survive.

then poli is a given

althought my team was horribly, horribly weak to steel types, some were over come... others like ferrothron were alot more painfull to get rid of
Back to top Go down
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:23 pm

so you liked it eh? tangrowth and mandibuzz are RU btw. give me ur thoughts plz seeing as how u used them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested   AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AK Originals | Professional Custom Sets | Tested
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next