Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do you like the new portal page?

Go down 
2 posters

Do you like the portal page?
Yes, keep it separate from the main forum.
Do you like the new portal page? I_vote_lcap54%Do you like the new portal page? I_vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
No, combine all of that content to the main forum.
Do you like the new portal page? I_vote_lcap31%Do you like the new portal page? I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Just delete everything, except the new chat cuz its cool.
Do you like the new portal page? I_vote_lcap0%Do you like the new portal page? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Just delete it all, I like the old boring chat.
Do you like the new portal page? I_vote_lcap8%Do you like the new portal page? I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Other (post your thoughts.)
Do you like the new portal page? I_vote_lcap7%Do you like the new portal page? I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Rayquaza
Admin
Admin
Rayquaza

Male
Number of posts : 379
Friend Code : PSN : Terimaki_Chod

Registration date : 2008-04-05

Do you like the new portal page? Empty
PostSubject: Do you like the new portal page?   Do you like the new portal page? Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:14 am

I want you, the people, to decide what you like best. Do you like the portal page? Do you like the new chat? If you chose other, explain.
Back to top Go down
https://rayquaza.forumotion.com
Straticus
Pokemon Lover
Pokemon Lover
Straticus

Female
Number of posts : 253
Badges : Do you like the new portal page? 2el9ilv Do you like the new portal page? 154tt78
Friend Code : 1204 5955 5446
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the new portal page?   Do you like the new portal page? Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 5:17 pm

Opinions people, post as well.
The new chat, what were you thinking? we only need ONE chat. that's all we need, no useless 2nd one.

I honestly find the portal virtually useless as it just exports our current data to another page. Why not just revamp the main page to make it look better?

And the last thing i really wanna know is...whose idea was it to change the banner? Socceryle had the best ideas back then but his never got picked..im just curious who made this.

Overall, frown upon me if you wish but im just not happy with this whole addition and modification to the site. My opinion =I

Back to top Go down
Rayquaza
Admin
Admin
Rayquaza

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the new portal page?   Do you like the new portal page? Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 6:19 pm

A.O.1. wrote:
Opinions people, post as well.
The new chat, what were you thinking? we only need ONE chat. that's all we need, no useless 2nd one.

I honestly find the portal virtually useless as it just exports our current data to another page. Why not just revamp the main page to make it look better?

And the last thing i really wanna know is...whose idea was it to change the banner? Socceryle had the best ideas back then but his never got picked..im just curious who made this.

Overall, frown upon me if you wish but im just not happy with this whole addition and modification to the site. My opinion =I

I was thinking, hmm I want a new chat which we can PM each other with and have its skin match the forum's green. The original forum chat is still there for now, until everyone registers to the new one, and adapts.

The portal is just a test, nothing permanent. It isn't completely useless, it helps navigate the guests and drawing some of their attention. But as you said, we can move all of the widgets from the portal to the main page so it can all be in one. But I just did the portal in case some people(like L >.>) didn't like that stuff in the main forum. If you want the stuff to be all in the same page then choose the 2nd option. You can cancel your vote if you already voted.

And as for the banner, Chris and Prof. Satoru worked on it and waited for me to come back so I could approve it. Socceryle isn't even active here so idk what to say to that. I would love to see his banner and consider it.

Back to top Go down
Straticus
Pokemon Lover
Pokemon Lover
Straticus

Female
Number of posts : 253
Badges : Do you like the new portal page? 2el9ilv Do you like the new portal page? 154tt78
Friend Code : 1204 5955 5446
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the new portal page?   Do you like the new portal page? Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 6:47 pm

Quote :

I was thinking, hmm I want a new chat which we can PM each other with and have its skin match the forum's green. The original forum chat is still there for now, until everyone registers to the new one, and adapts.

The portal is just a test, nothing permanent. It isn't completely useless, it helps navigate the guests and drawing some of their attention. But as you said, we can move all of the widgets from the portal to the main page so it can all be in one. But I just did the portal in case some people(like L >.>) didn't like that stuff in the main forum. If you want the stuff to be all in the same page then choose the 2nd option. You can cancel your vote if you already voted.

And as for the banner, Chris and Prof. Satoru worked on it and waited for me to come back so I could approve it. Socceryle isn't even active here so idk what to say to that. I would love to see his banner and consider it.

No thanks for changing my vote, id rather keep this as an other.

So you mean to get rid of the old chat and replace with this new one? You do realize our current chat is more secure due to no visibility unless you login, and was the one we used all these years? i really don't understand why you're trying to change it.

The portal, regardless of being used as a prototype, i think shouldnt exist because of the very reason i said before, data. Try updating the main page so then that can be a real test. Not an entire separate page for testing.

Well for the banner, I also thought Chrono was going to do this since he's the best at making banners, as well as socceryle was but unfortunately his original work was deleted. I honestly think it looks like ms paint pasting and copying. That's not a good image for this forum, even the old banner looked cleaner to me.

My entire point is, why not next time, put up a topic BEFORE you change or add anything at all. I find it very annoying no one got a part in agreeing on something when you just suddenly changed it. But like the current crowd is, no one bothers to post much anymore so i wouldn't really assume it would work anyway...

Overall, it would've been better instead to have put a poll before the changes instead of after. Consider this for the future so that way people can actually get a vote in this. Not just you deciding to change it without warning.

~ A.O.1.
Back to top Go down
Rayquaza
Admin
Admin
Rayquaza

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the new portal page?   Do you like the new portal page? Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 7:21 pm

I didn't change the forum...I put it all in the portal for preview.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the new portal page?   Do you like the new portal page? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you like the new portal page?
Page 1 of 1