Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Less laggy website

Go down 
2 posters

Like my idea?
Yes
Less laggy website I_vote_lcap75%Less laggy website I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
No (give reaspn if you do not like it)
Less laggy website I_vote_lcap25%Less laggy website I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
vegalz0r
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 4
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2010-08-23

Less laggy website Empty
PostSubject: Less laggy website   Less laggy website Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:38 am

Hey guys
I am suggesting this because I am a poke fan and I like this. I made a suggestion at infershit and they deleted my topic after following what I said. Please dont delete this

Ok so what I want to say is that the site is very very laggy atm. I am using a normal connection of 2.0 mbps but it still takes ages to load. I think that it is because of every one posting images where ever they please. Some topics have images and those take ages to load.

I think the soloution to this is that admins should make a rule about where to host images. If we all use the same image host, the site would load faster. Now if I go to a topic with 10 pictures, it would images from 10 different sites. Some upload there images at imagehost, some at dtupload, some at image shack and some at tinypic.

I think that in my opinion, imgjoe.com is short and it loads the images pretty fast. Can you ask all members to choose one imagehost only instead of different ones to improve loading times and overall site performance.

I personally prefer imgjoe.com as it is very fast and is easy to remember. The site performance is pretty slick.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Admin
Admin
Chris

Male
Number of posts : 705
Friend Code : 1118 8172 5961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Less laggy website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less laggy website   Less laggy website Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:14 am

Hey, first of all, welcome to Rayquaza Forums!

I like your suggestion, especially if it would help speed up the image loading on our topics, but I have one concern - even if we ask all of our members to upload using the same image host, how would we enforce such a 'rule'?
Back to top Go down
vegalz0r
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 4
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2010-08-23

Less laggy website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less laggy website   Less laggy website Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:40 am

Thanks for liking my suggestion ^_^
Well there is a way where you can add a option above the new title the members are making. It is something like a global announcement. It would be like a rectangle and will display anything you want to.

http://help.forumotion.com/script-code-problems-f43/forum-rules-t75700.htm?highlight=rules
Read this and do what it says!

Just add the "upload your images to imgjoe.com"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Less laggy website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less laggy website   Less laggy website Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Less laggy website
Page 1 of 1