Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cresselia for BL

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seto Kaiba
Professor

Male
Number of posts : 47
Friend Code : 1462 0078 4764
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Cresselia for BL Empty
PostSubject: Cresselia for BL   Cresselia for BL Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:30 am

I started playing UU recently, and I've noticed that 8 of the last 12 matches I've been in had a cresselia used by my opponent. I know Smogon made Cresselia go to UU, but that was because that's how the policy is. Granted, after the 2 months a pokemon is required to be in UU, it can be voted BL by then. I'm simply suggesting that we make it BL now for any of the pioneers that want to UU battle on Rayquaza Forums.

Pros about Cresselia:

BAMF defenses: You have to be really stupid to not understand that 120/120/130 defenses are pretty good. Very good for special and physical walling. This is really the main concern as there are pokes in OU that could not stand up to Cress, but why did it fall down to UU?

How did Cress get to UU?

A) Psychic is not a very good defensive types. Psychic pokes are weak to pursuit/u-turn trapping. In other words, Scizor, Tyranitar, Flygon, Weavile, could all slowly beat it down. The first three are common in the OU metagame. The fourth, not so much. However....

B) Sandstorm and Hail prevalence. Not only does this negate Cresselia's leftovers recovery, but it also weakens the recovery potential of Cresselia's non-resting recovery move, Moonlight to a mere 25%, whereas Blissey, Latias, Skarmory, Gliscor, and Vaporeon all have methods for restoring 50% hp.

What makes Cress a beast in UU?

Those godly defenses, plus decreased use of SS/Hail Stall teams (AbomaSnow, Ttar, and Hippowdon are banned from UU). It's best counter in UU, Honchkrow has also been banned to BL when Cress came down to UU. There are special attackers in OU who had trouble taking this levitating bulldozer out. What makes a person think UU pokes (and they're UnderUsed for a reason) can manage with defeating Cress?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Admin
Admin
Chris

Male
Number of posts : 705
Friend Code : 1118 8172 5961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Cresselia for BL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cresselia for BL   Cresselia for BL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:19 am

Smogon have now moved Cresselia to BL and so this topic can now be locked.
Back to top Go down

Cresselia for BL
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rayquaza Forum-Motion :: Misc. :: Archives-
Jump to: