Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Uber!!!

Go down 
+8
darkjedi96
Chris
Dirtshark91
NiCCSET
darkcharizard
pn
Max
ixion124
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ixion124
ixion124

Male
Number of posts : 656
Badges : New Uber!!! Flame
Friend Code : 1160 9739 5678
Registration date : 2008-04-15

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:21 pm

we knew it was bound to happen
and it has
the first site has added another pokemon to the uber list
the extremely common garchomp
New Uber!!! 445
its speed and movepool give it almost no counters
and gaining evasiveness in sandstorms is useful too
Back to top Go down
Max
Trainer
Trainer
Max

Male
Number of posts : 381
Friend Code : 0774-8649-9899
Registration date : 2008-04-16

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:02 pm

As it should be! Garchomp bugs the crap out of me! I first heard it on Smogon. >.<
Back to top Go down
pn
Elderly
Elderly
pn

Female
Number of posts : 564
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2008-07-05

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 8:21 pm

garchomp can get annoying sometimes...
Back to top Go down
darkcharizard
Pokemon Lover
Pokemon Lover
darkcharizard

Male
Number of posts : 228
Friend Code : 1375 7868 4750 Diamond

0173 7368 4409 PLATINUM
Registration date : 2008-04-05

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:00 pm

crud garchomp my favorite pokemon that i use Sad
Back to top Go down
NiCCSET
Noob
Noob
NiCCSET

Male
Number of posts : 14
Friend Code : 0044 4814 6578
Registration date : 2008-08-18

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 7:32 am

hey der is not enough dragons 4 u 2 band garchomp just kill it with a ice beam
Back to top Go down
Dirtshark91
Rookie
Dirtshark91

Male
Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-29

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 9:27 pm

darn i luv my chompy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001660568047
Chris
Admin
Admin
Chris

Male
Number of posts : 705
Friend Code : 1118 8172 5961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 10:54 pm

It was inevitable really. As much as I like Garchomp, I'm glad in a way that its now an uber as it means that Flygon won't be outclassed by it in non-uber battles. Garchomp also had that weird base speed stat of 102...
Back to top Go down
ixion124
ixion124

Male

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 11:11 pm

weird?
its perfect to outspeed a
Charizard
Raichu
Slaking
Flygon
and especially a Salamence
Back to top Go down
Chris
Admin
Admin
Chris

Male
Number of posts : 705
Friend Code : 1118 8172 5961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:09 am

ixion124 wrote:
weird?
its perfect to outspeed a
Charizard
Raichu
Slaking
Flygon
and especially a Salamence

Exactly, it seems as if Garchomp was purposely made as a counter to all those great pokemon we use with a base 100 speed stat. The way it outclassed Flygon always annoyed me.
Back to top Go down
darkcharizard
Pokemon Lover
Pokemon Lover
darkcharizard

Male

0173 7368 4409 PLATINUM

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 6:16 pm

im still shocked that it a uber
Back to top Go down
darkjedi96
Rookie
darkjedi96

Male
Number of posts : 104
Friend Code : FC:3050 9323 4404
Registration date : 2008-08-14

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:14 pm

as this site officaly declared garchomp a uber if not i think we should post a poll and vote on it
Back to top Go down
darkcharizard
Pokemon Lover
Pokemon Lover
darkcharizard

Male

0173 7368 4409 PLATINUM

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 5:43 pm

i think garchomp should not be a uber its no fair it was the perfect pokemon that i had before it was even a uber and peopl started to see how good mine was and then banned it for life thats not fair GARCHOMP IN MY EYES IS NOT A UBER
Back to top Go down
Max
Trainer
Trainer
Max

Male
Number of posts : 381
Friend Code : 0774-8649-9899
Registration date : 2008-04-16

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 5:47 pm

I think that Garchomp CAN BE TAKEN DOWN EASILY with a common ice move. My vote is for it to be known as an uber on this site.
Back to top Go down
ctrl_alt_destroy
Rookie
ctrl_alt_destroy

Male
Number of posts : 57
Friend Code : 1805-5035-5857
Registration date : 2008-06-11

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 2:36 pm

damn hes one of my best POKEMON!!!!
Back to top Go down
darkcharizard
Pokemon Lover
Pokemon Lover
darkcharizard

Male

0173 7368 4409 PLATINUM

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:26 pm

i know ctrl alt destroy he was one of mine favorite pokemon to
Back to top Go down
ixion124
ixion124

Male

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:51 pm

heres explaining why it is an uber

Quote :
Let me start by warning everyone that this thread is gonna be very tl;dr. So if you're not interested in READING EVERY SINGLE THING I SAY please don't even bother posting and stop right now and move to a different thread.

Lets being with some background on Garchomp; a Ground/Dragon pokemon whose ability is Sand Veil, which causes an automatic +20% Evasion in Sandstorm. These are his base stats (Garchomp is a 600 Base Stat Total pokemon)

HP:108
Attack:130
Defense:95
Special Attack:80
Special Defense: 85
Speed:102

Garchomp's most notable moves are Swords Dance, Substitute, Earthquake, Outrage, Dragon Claw, Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Fire Fang, Crunch, and Stone Edge. All of the sets on Smogon's analysis index use a combination of 4 of the above moves.

**Why is Garchomp too broken for OU?**

Before I go any further please note that a pokemon's viability in OU has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with how good a pokemon plays in the Uber metagame. A pokemon can completely suck and be outclassed in Ubers (See regular Deoxys) and this does not matter at all. As long as a pokemon is deemed broken in the OU metagame, it'll be banned to Ubers.

A "counter" is a pokemon that takes little risk when switching into an enemy pokemon and provides an immediate threat.

There are three primary reasons why I believe Garchomp is too broken for the OU metagame and should be moved to Ubers.
1.) Garchomp's excellent movepool and STAB options allow it to beat every single one of its "counters"
2.) Garchomp's excellent defenses and only two weaknesses require Ice/Dragon move users to have a lot of stat points in order to OHKO him.
3.) Sand Veil gives Garchomp +20% evasion under Sandstorm, allowing him to beat otherwise guaranteed counters/revenge killers.

Let me explain each of these points in greater detail.

1.)

The fact that no one pokemon can safely switch into Garchomp is an understatement. Let me present to you damage calculations on how much damage an Adamant Choice Band Garchomp with 252 Attack EV's does to its so called "counters." The most common of which are pokemon with a high Defense stat that are not weak to any of it STAB moves (a counter that's weak to any of Garchomp's STAB isn't going to be a counter much longer). The most common of these pokemon are: Cresselia, Bronzong, Skarmory, Gyarados (Intimidate factored), Gliscor, Weezing, Hippowdon, Donphan, Suicune, Slowbro. The EV spreads I used were either the ones meant to counter Garchomp or the one listed first in the analysis index on Smogon's website.

Using MetalKid's online calculator:
Crunch to 20Hp/252Def Modest Cresselia 53-62%
Fire Fang to 252Hp/4Def Relaxed Bronzong 56-66%
Fire Blast to 252Hp/0SpDef Impish Skarmory 64-75%
Stone Edge to 212Hp/180Def Adamant Gyarados 62-73%
Dragon Claw to 252Hp/252Def Impish Gliscor 38-45%
Outrage to 252Hp/252Def Impish Gliscor 54-64%
Dragon Claw to 252Hp/252Def Impish Weezing 42-49%
Outrage to 252Hp/252Def Impish Weezing 62-73%
Earthquake to 252Hp/252Def Impish Hippowdon 42-49%
Outrage to 252Hp/252Def Impish Hippowdon 50-59%
Earthquake to 252Hp/252Def Impish Donphan 45-53%
Outrage to 252Hp/252Def Impish Donphan 54-63%
Earthquake to 252Hp/252Def Bold Suicune 44-52%
Outrage to 252Hp/252Def Bold Suicune 53-63%
Crunch to 252Hp/252Def Bold Slowbro 56-65%

Every single pokemon on this list gets 2hko'd by CB Chomp except for Hippowdon (Hippowdon loses to SD Chomp). The ones that are only 2hko'd by Outrage (which is important cause this means Garchomp can't switch out until it ends) are Gliscor, Weezing, Hippowdon, Donphan, Suicune. None of these pokemon are capable of OHKOing Garchomp with these spreads. This means that all the pokemon without a reliable recovery moves WILL lose because they will get 3hko'd while the try to 2hko Garchomp. That means Suicune is out. Gliscor only wins with Roost (depleting Dragon Claw's pp), Donphan has Ice Shard (and NEEDS CB) to 2hko Garchomp before it gets 3hko'd, Weezing can Will o Wisp Garchomp (pray to good that it lands).

And remember this, if you attempt to revenge kill Garchomp by sacrificing one of the above pokes to Outrage, you also pray that garchomp doesn't get confused after only two turns (which means he can switch out again.)

I hope I've illustrated just how dangerous CBchomp is. The only "counter", Hippowdon, loses to the even more popular form of Garchomp because Swords Danced Earthquake will 2hko Hippowdon before you 2hko with Ice Fang.

CBChomp isn't the only version of Garchomp one must counter, however. Keep in mind that it can SD, SubSD that abuses Sand Veil, Scarf, and Chain Chomp. I'm not gonna post any specifics about the above sets (look on the analysis index to get more details) because I'm not as familiar with them as I am with the CB version. But, these sets provide other options for Garchomp to deal with the OU metgame. Garchomp is no one trick pony.

2.)

Now for all the people who like to revenge kill out there (Completely ignoring that Garchomp has the ability to be Choice Scarfed). First you must beat 333 speed if you are sure Garchomp isn't wearing a Choice Scarf. Second, take into account Garchomp's solid defenses. If your not relying on Ice or Dragon moves to OHKO Garchomp, then good luck because you're going to need it! These are the minimum stats one needs to OHKO Garchomp with the following moves, unSTAB'd: Ice pebble, Ice Fang, Ice Punch, Hidden Power Ice, Ice Beam, Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse (I consider these to be the most common moves for dealing with Garchomp). Additionally, this is assuming Garchomp has absolutely no defensive EV's.

693 Attack Stat to OHKO with Ice Pebble
426 Attack Stat to OHKO with Ice Fang
370 Attack Stat to OHKO with Ice Punch
361 Special Attack Stat to OHKO with Hidden Power Ice
266 Special Attack Stat to OHKO with Ice Beam
693 Attack Stat to OHKO with Dragon Claw
567 Special Attack Stat to OHKO with Dragon Pulse

If you want to add in STAB or a Choice Item, divide these numbers by 1.5 or 1.3 for Life Orb. What these numbers suggest is that unless your an Ice type pokemon or going to lock yourself into an Ice move, be prepared to use A LOT of EV's to get your attack stats to these numbers. 2hkoing Garchomp is a little trickier because A.) you have to sometimes account for leftovers, (but just divide these numbers by two) B.) if your faster than Garchomp, must be able to survive an Earthquake or Outrage C.) if your slower than Garchomp, must be able to survive three of the above moves (good luck!)

So if you want to revenge kill Garchomp, be prepared to have amazing attack and speed stats or force yourself to lock into an Ice move (the Choice items can supplement your stat needs). And even once you've met all these requirements...

3.)

Sand Veil grants Garchomp +20% Evasion for free in a Sandstorm. This means that (assuming Sandstorm to be the near-ubiquitous enviroment that it is) at least 1 out 5 times, Garchomp will get a FREE turn because your move will miss. This is also assuming your moves are 100% accurate to begin with! For all those players who attempt to incapacitate Garchomp with WoW, Hypnosis, Sleep/Stun Spore, good luck because your going to need it for those moves to land. Here's a list of how accurate moves are on Garchomp under Sandstorm:

100% accurate moves turn to 80% (Almost all the Ice moves)
95% accurate moves turn to 76% (Ice fang)
90% accurate moves turn to 72% (Draco Meteor, Toxic)
80% accurate moves turn to 64% (Hydro Pump, Fire Blast, etc)
75% accurate moves turn to 60% (Sleep/Stun Spore, WoW)
70% accurate moves turn to 56% (Hypnosis)

So even if you've taken all the necessary precautions, the most dangerous pokemon in the game has at least a 1 in 5 chance to get a completely free turn. Better hope Garchomp isn't abusing Substitute or BrightPowder, that would get insanely frustrating.

There you have it. I've outlined all my reasons for Garchomp being too broken for OU. Now for some counterarguments that I heard in the previous thread.

What about all the countless other pokemon that need more than one "counter"?

Please explain why said pokemon is as dangerous as Garchomp. Most of these double counter pokemon are either really frail or have STAB options much inferior to Garchomp. Remember that Garchomp only has two weaknesses and solid defenses. In addition, Garchomp is immune Thunder Wave and can double his attack at a moment's notice. Please point out all the reasons that another pokemon is even more broken than Garchomp.

But Garchomp is too bad for Ubers and no one will use him there!

Read the big bold thing at the start of this thread (both of them)

Salamence, Tyranitar, Dragonite, etc, are really bulky pokemon that are hard to kill and sweep good, why not ban them?

Like I said, please bring up ways in which said pokemon are superior to Garchomp. Let me give you some examples and how they are worse:
-Salamence, Dragonite, Gyarados have a Stealth Rock weakness. This is HUGE. This means that every time that said pokemon switches in, you are 1/4 of a step closer to completely eliminating them (they have to sacrifice coverage to use Roost, dont bring it up). Garchomp actually resists Stealth Rock.
-The 4 main Dragon Dancers need that boost just to outspeed many of their counters (In other words, most bulky pokemon are really slow). Garchomp's speed is already fantastic as its 2 points above all the countless Base 100 speed pokemon.
-Swords Dance is practically the perfect move to aid a fast pokemon with amazing type coverage. All the other threats wish they were as fast and could double their attack stat at a moments notice.
-Garchomp's STAB options absolutely HURT at 150bp and 180bp and are only resisted by two pokemon, Skarmory and Bronzong. This is why most Garchomp's pack fire moves for unparalled type coverage.
-Tyranitar (IMO the only other debateable poke) has five x2 weaknesses and one x4 weak and is really slow. Garchomp has one x2 weak and one x4.

Blissey [insert any pokemon] are more overcentralizing than Garchomp, why arent we banning them?

Blissey isn't broken, and neither are those other pokemon. If you want to debate this, start a thread and list all the reasons why [insert any pokemon] here is broken.

I love Garchomp!

As do I, its the best pokemon in OU. This doesn't mean he isn't broken though, we have to get rid of our biases in order to create the most balanced OU metagame.

I hoped I addressed every issue as to why I think Garchomp is not only the deadliest pokemon in OU, but too broken as well.
Back to top Go down
Rayquaza
Admin
Admin
Rayquaza

Male
Number of posts : 379
Friend Code : PSN : Terimaki_Chod

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 6:00 am

good points professor ixion! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://rayquaza.forumotion.com
Alex
Gym Leader
Alex

Male
Number of posts : 81
Friend Code : Diamond: Raphiel 2622 1730 9645
Platinum: Aaron 3696-1394-7486
Registration date : 2009-11-11

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:15 pm

I agree with Rayquaza!
Back to top Go down
http://pokefans.forum-motion.net/forum.htm
platinum4930
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 11
Friend Code : 3523 8231 0081-platinum
3653 2859 0034-soulsilver(currently using)
Registration date : 2009-11-09

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:59 pm

so what you are saying is that garchomp is now an uber or still is an uber
Back to top Go down
Rayquaza
Admin
Admin
Rayquaza

Male
Number of posts : 379
Friend Code : PSN : Terimaki_Chod

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 3:45 pm

This topic is about a year old,garchmop has been a uber since last year in november.Masqueradebltz666 I admire your activity but please don't revive old topics k thanks.
-Locked,Archived.-
Back to top Go down
https://rayquaza.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

New Uber!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Uber!!!   New Uber!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Uber!!!
Page 1 of 1