Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4??

Go down 
+4
null
Gabrante
Kassandra
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Admin
Admin
Chris

Male
Number of posts : 705
Friend Code : 1118 8172 5961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4?? Empty
PostSubject: One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4??   One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 9:07 am

I think it would be a good idea if everyone challenging the gyms and elite 4 only got to use 1 team to do so. Perhaps only using 10 or 12 pokemon would be better than 6 as it gives chance for more variation in the challenger's team. Also, to control this, we could have all challengers ''registering'' their team (i.e. we have a place where challengers post their 10 or 12 pokemon before challenging gyms and if they use any unregistered pokemon, then they are DQd from that battle).

If we allowed challengers to change their team fully using as many pokemon as they want to challenge gym leaders with, then we'll just end up with people using fire/flying against the grass leader, psychic/steel/ground against the poison leader, fire/fighting against the steel leader and so on. There'd be no fun in that as there would be vertually no challenge as the challengers are bound to have the upper hand.
Back to top Go down
Kassandra
Elderly
Elderly
Kassandra

Female
Number of posts : 501
Friend Code : Ask? =]
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4??   One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 9:18 am

I agree I dont like being at a disadvantage when I battle someone It makes the battle less fun If all you do is get 1 hit ok'd the whole time...
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/Ksndr26
Gabrante
Elite 4
Gabrante

Number of posts : 130
Badges : One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4?? HiveBadgeOne team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4?? FlameOne team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4?? Darkgy10One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4?? IcicleBadge
Friend Code : 4297 0226 1427
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4??   One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 9:39 am

i agree i personally like only a few pokemon for gym leaders. when i fought gym leaders in the game i only used ones i was bring to the league not just ones to make an easy fight out of it. i think its a great idea
and also i'm sick of the same old ground psyhic and steel pokemon in gym fights
Back to top Go down
null
Trainer
Trainer
null

Male
Number of posts : 392
Friend Code : n/a
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4??   One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 9:42 am

I honestly don't agree...

In the game it's strategy to choose the types that are good against 1 another. Besides if the gyms are good they should win anyway. I've challenged gyms -- used types that should destroy their pokemon and still lost. It's just how good the gyms should be
Back to top Go down
darkcharizard
Pokemon Lover
Pokemon Lover
darkcharizard

Male
Number of posts : 228
Friend Code : 1375 7868 4750 Diamond

0173 7368 4409 PLATINUM
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4??   One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 9:51 am

i agree but i really dont want to post my team cause i dont anyone to memorize it Very Happy
but i will pm the gym leaders and elite four my team
Back to top Go down
Dirtshark91
Rookie
Dirtshark91

Male
Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4??   One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 9:54 am

i dont agree, if you can not withstand a mix team or you are getting beat to much put a rule in your gym but my main concern is get stronger ust my opinion
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001660568047
Chris
Admin
Admin
Chris

Male
Number of posts : 705
Friend Code : 1118 8172 5961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4??   One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:23 pm

darkcharizard wrote:
i agree but i really dont want to post my team cause i dont anyone to memorize it Very Happy
but i will pm the gym leaders and elite four my team

I agree that this may be a better idea, perhaps PMing the gym leaders, elite 4 and perhaps rayquaza so we know.
Back to top Go down
G-dos
G-dos

Male
Number of posts : 153
Friend Code : Platinum: 2407 1315 6726
Name: Ken
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4??   One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:49 pm

it dosn't matter
i realy don't cear just thought i add that in it would be more of an challge not knowing what pokemon your challger is useing but if i get out voted it realy dosn't matter because it would just make it easyer
Back to top Go down
Rayquaza
Admin
Admin
Rayquaza

Male
Number of posts : 379
Friend Code : PSN : Terimaki_Chod

Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4??   One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:30 pm

soccerryle wrote:
I honestly don't agree...

In the game it's strategy to choose the types that are good against 1 another. Besides if the gyms are good they should win anyway. I've challenged gyms -- used types that should destroy their pokemon and still lost. It's just how good the gyms should be

I agree with socceryle and eliteshark. Gym leaders should be able to combat their main weaknesses. For example if I was a water type leader, I would have a lanturn and a swampert to defend against electric types, water's main weakness. But I also agree that if the challenger has a team that is made to specificaly destroy the gym leader, i.e a whole team of ground against a steel type gym, it kind of does show lack of skill. Generally when I battle a gym leader, I don't get a whole water team just to beat the fire leader, I just use my mixed team. If your really afraid of something like this or don't have alot of counters for your weaknesses, then you should make a rule like, "No more than 2 pokemon of my gym types weakness." For example, you can only have 2 water pokemon vs a fire type gym, the rest should be mixed.

I have added a new rule for this type of situation.Go here. I put it on the "species clause"
Back to top Go down
https://rayquaza.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4??   One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One team to battle ALL gym leaders and elite 4??
Page 1 of 1