Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shredder's Updated VGC Team

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SHREDDER(Dragon)
Rookie
SHREDDER(Dragon)

Number of posts : 107
Friend Code : 073273498040 for SS, for pearl 352498494011
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Shredder's Updated VGC Team Empty
PostSubject: Shredder's Updated VGC Team   Shredder's Updated VGC Team Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 7:02 pm

Hey Guys I finished updating my vgc spreads which have been working really well
I would like to hear your oppinions on it and things like that. I tried my best to explain my EV spreads, move choices, and pokemon choices to the best of my ability. If you have any questions please post Smile.

Shredder's Updated VGC Team 145
Zapdos @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 140 Spd / 180 SAtk / 188 HP
Nature: Modest
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind

Zapdos is one of my favorite pokemon in the game and arguably my favorite on the team. Zapdos is the tailwing user of the team allowing most of my team to out speed threats like timid latios, genies, garachomp, etc. Thunderbolt and Volt Switch are stab moves and volt switch allows me to deal damage and switch zapdos out for someone else ( either as death fodder or more likely better for the situation ). Heat Wave is my spread fire-type coverage move that will OHKO breloom, scizor, and deal damage to steel types. The 140 speed Evs allow it to outspeed Neutral Nature base 85 speed pokemon ( like kingdra ) by one and with tailwind outspeeds modest kingdra in rain by 2 points. The 180 special attack along with life orb allows it to KO things like Tornadus, Certain spreads of politoed, and deal masive damage to metagross and other pokemon that don't resist zapdos. The 188 HP evs maximize bulk while taking minimum damage from life orb ( 189 hp with the evs life orb deals 10% rounded down so i only take 18 danage each time an attack goes through.)
Shredder's Updated VGC Team 560
O.J. Simpson (Scrafty) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 188 HP / 68 SDef
Nature: Adamant
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Fake Out
- Detect

Scrafty is the only pokemon besides hitmontop with Intimidate and Fake out, both of which i wanted in one pokemon. Fake out allows me to prevent one of my opponents pokemon from doing anything and let scrafty's partner set up or take the pokemon out with scrafty's partner. Drain Punch is the stab fighting-type move that also heals Scrafty back up. Crunch is the stab dark move that lets it deal with Cresselia, latios, and other psychics. Detect is sort of a staple move. The 252 attack Evs allows me to deal as much damage possible to pokemon and Drain punch allows it to ohko some variants of tyranitar ( as long as they aren't holding chople or focus sash ). The 188Hp/68SD ev allow it to have a 42.5% chance of surviving timid latios dragon gem draco meteor and allows it to take any close combat because of chople berry and most with or without chople at -1.
Shredder's Updated VGC Team 635
Dragon Emperor (Hydreigon) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 132 HP / 124 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

Choice Specs Hydreigon is a pokemon that can KO alot of things and has great coverage, its also my favorite dragon type pokemon. Draco Meteor is the stab move that deals tons of damage on pretty much anything and still does decent damage on things that resist it. Dark pulse is the other stab move that has a 10% flinch rate, and allows me to OHKO Timid Latios 100% of the time and 3HKO most variants of cresselia and possibly 2HKO it depending on how much evs are invested in its special defense. Fire Blast lets me 2HKO most variants and have a chance to OHKO  other variants of amoonguss and let me OHKO almost all common variants of metagross as long as its not sashed or holding the berry which halves the power of super effective fire-type moves ( i forgot its name ). Earth Power is to hit pokemon like Tyranitar, Heatran, and other steel/rock/fire pokemon. The Special attack Ev makes it the same as if it were a timid nature hydreigon, and the 132 ev in hp allows it to survive longer than it normally would have ( example it can survive a fighting gem mach punch from jolly breloom and even close combats at -1 ).
Shredder's Updated VGC Team 645-therian
Landorus (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Band
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

Landorus-T is the king of beasts, it tears everything in its path apart with its immense base 145 attack stat and it has intimidate so there was no way i could say no to it, Earthquake is the stab move that hits everything hard and OHKO most things that it hits super effectively. Stone Edge allows me to OHKO the genies ( besides Landotus and Landorus-T ) and other flying types. U-turn OHKO Latios and hits cresselia hard and i get to switch into something like scrafty to get an intimidate off or to another pokemon better for the situation. Superpower allows me to hit OHKO all variants of tyranitar ( and the 252hp/252attack/4 def variant with chople berry around 93.75% of the time. ). Choice Band was to take advantage of its high base attack stat and get OHKO it normally wouldn't get even with life orb.
Shredder's Updated VGC Team 488
Tsukyomi (Cresselia) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 100 SAtk / 164 Def / 220 HP / 20 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Rest

Cresselia is here because i needed a bulky pokemon that could potentially be offensive as well. I decided to run a chesto rest variant with calm mind giving cresselia reliable recovery as well as a way to boost its special defense and special attack even further which increases offenseive and defensive potential. Psychic is the stab move that hits fighting types for good damage and will always ohko breloom because of its ev spread. Ice Beam is meant to hit dragons and genies hard and after a calm mind boost it will always ohko 4hp salamence and Landorus as well as hitting other pokemon weak to ice beam hard as well, The 100 sa evs as i said earlier allow it to OHKO breloom. The 164 Defense Evs allow Cresselia to take dark gem tyranitar crunch and take other physical attack easily, and after a few calm mind boosts cresselia is going to be a threat to pretty much any team that doesn't have a pokemon left that resists cresselia's 2 offensive moves. The 20 S defense Ev really do almost nothing notable except turn Hydreigon dark pulse from a possible 2hko to a guatanteed 3hko. The 4 speed ev are there because that was the only place left it could go that it would boost something beneficial ( you never know when someone uses a 0 ev speed cresselia and i outspeed it by one,)
Shredder's Updated VGC Team 245
Susanoo (Suicune) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 48 SDef / 244 HP / 104 SAtk / 108 Def / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Suicune is here because i needed a bulky water type that had speed control. I admit this was originally chesto rest till i found cresselia did it better since i use her more. This suicune Also uses calm mind to boost its offensive and defensive potential. Stab Hydro pump allows suicune to hit pokemon like Tyranitar, volcarona, and landorus hard. Icy wind is my other form of speed control. And hidden power grass is here because gastrodon is a pain for my team and it allows suicune to hit other water types super effectively. The 48/244 HP ev give suicune its bulk as it allows it to take either a electric gem thunderbolt from thunderus or a dragon gem draco meteor from timid latios. The 108 Def EV allow it to take a fightinh gem close combat from any variant of terrakion ( jolly or adamant with band/gem ). The 100 special attack ev allow suicune to hit hard and knock out KO alot of pokemon after 1 calm mind boost ( it needs 2 to ohko gastrodon wiith hp grass), The rest were dumped into Spd because there was nothing else to dump them into.
Back to top Go down

Shredder's Updated VGC Team
Page 1 of 1