Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ofensive Rain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male
Number of posts : 1901
Ribbons : Fire/Grass E4

Ofensive Rain My_e4_11
Friend Code : SoulSilver
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Ofensive Rain Empty
PostSubject: Ofensive Rain   Ofensive Rain Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Well here's another team I made but this time I had some help from Taylor. This is also my first real competitive rain team but I think it does well. Well without further ado, heres my team!

Rain Team

Ofensive Rain 186 Ofensive Rain 454Ofensive Rain Breloom_NBOfensive Rain 130Ofensive Rain 445Ofensive Rain 385

Ofensive Rain 186

Fro-Yo (Politoed) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

First up is Fro-Yo the politoad. As you all know, it wouldnt be a rain team without a poli so he automaticly gets a spot lol. Decided to go scarf instead of going bulky since it is now able to hit things with a rain boosted hydro pump that it couldnt before such as non scarf genies and chomp which can be helpful. Focus blast is there mostly for ferros since it wont be able to touch it otherwise. Ice beam takes care of dragons and bulky variants of lando. And hp grass hits things like gastro and opposing polis harder than its other moves.

Ofensive Rain 454

Carlito (Toxicroak) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Punch/Substitute
- Drain Punch

Next up is Carlito the Toxicroak. Croak fits in rain like butter goes on bread. It has both dry skin and leftovers to give it recovery every turn plus max hp evs to give it some bulk. Since its not nesesarily strong on its own, swords dance is needed to give it the power it needs to sweep like a pro. Sucker punch is its move of choice since with right prediction it will knock out or at least put a dent on most pokemon after a swords dance. Ice punch is to knock dragons out which is always good, however I am kinda considering using sub since I didnt make it fast. Finally theres drain punch. It hits things like terra that lack earthquake, ferro, and jirachi while recovering its own hp.

Ofensive Rain Breloom_NB

Doom Shroom (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Next up is doom shroom the breloom. It has a sash so that it almost garrentees spore putting something to sleep. Then it can go on with swords dance and bullet seed or mach punch everything thst stands in its way. Simple as that lol. Need I say more? Razz

Ofensive Rain 130

Magikarp (Gyarados) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall

Next is Magikarp the Gyarados. This beastly pokemon is both my rain sweeper and my buffer to weaken opposing sweepers with intimidate. I am kind of considering on adjusting his evs to make it alittle bulkier so it can take hits alittle better when it switches in to use its intimidate. Not sure tho. Since sweepers are weakened, it gives it the chance to set up with dragon dance and dominate with a rain boosted waterfall. I also gave it earthquake so it can do damage to steel types better. Ice fang is to hit those dragons. Dont like the idea of giving it bounce, especially in a rain team since thunder can hit it while in the air which would suck lol.

Ofensive Rain 445

Bigger Jaws (Garchomp) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

You heard of Jaws right? Well meet Bigger Jaws (family guy reference Razz) the Garchomp. Like breloom, it also holds a focus sash. This way it can almost garrentee setting up rocks against the other team and we all know how helpful rocks are. :PThats not all chomp is for tho. After its done setting rocks, its free to sweep with a combination of earthquake, stone edge, and outrage which pretty much gives it perfect coverage over all types which is great. The fact that it has great speed is great as well lol.

Ofensive Rain 385

Charmz (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Gentle Nature
- Thunder
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect

Finally, theres Charmz the Jirachi. For such a standard rain set, it exceeded my expectations on how well it actually works. It pretty much walls almost all sp attackers and hit them with a 100% acc thunder that para haxes 60% of the time. (feels like 90% tho Razz) It can then iron head its victims to submission. It also has a combo of wish and protect as a form of recovery. Its also a way to help pass a wish to chomp or breloom to make their sash viable again if rocks are out on my side. Kinda reminds me of my evil mew but a sp defensive version lol and I likeh it. Twisted Evil

Well theres my team. Now to mention some weak spots that I noticed that you guys can help me out with. My biggest weakness with this team has to be scarf lando. That thing stops most of my team cold once gyarados is gone. Theres just not very much I can do to it late game. If you guys notice any other weak spots or have ideas that can cover the lando weakness let me know k? You can tear the team apart (allen) I can take it Razz
Back to top Go down
SHREDDER(Dragon)
Rookie
SHREDDER(Dragon)

Number of posts : 107
Friend Code : 073273498040 for SS, for pearl 352498494011

Ofensive Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ofensive Rain   Ofensive Rain Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:19 pm

How come Hirachi has 32 speed Ev, what does it allow jirachi to outspeed
Back to top Go down
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male

Ofensive Rain My_e4_11
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

Ofensive Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ofensive Rain   Ofensive Rain Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 8:16 pm

Well it lets it outspeed timid ttar by 1 and iron flinch them to death. guess that the main reason or at least it turned out to be the reason. Showdown kinda stuck the speed evs on it when i made it and figured it did that to stop a certain poke from checking it.
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Ofensive Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ofensive Rain   Ofensive Rain Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:35 pm

If you dont know why you ran those evs, then say I dont know.... you dont need to make a response out of ur A$$ attempting to make you look like you know what ur doing...

To outspeed ttar? LOL no one runs speed on ttar, the only time they run some speed is to outspeed other ttars (which is like 50evs), so you dont need the evs to be faster.... To flinch a timid ttar? LOL thats impossible cus the only time anyone would run timid/jolly is on a scarf ttar and it would be faster than you..... So no, nice try....Do you seriously think ppl run timid ttar without scarf? Or maybe that only person is you.lmao.

You start to sound like lonequincy or that reshiram guy sticking mons on thier team without knowing why... Dont say you know why you use that rachi, cus if you do, then you would put a certain move on it because its very important with those evs..... And I know what the reason is for those evs, but ima let ur A$$ figure it out cus you need to work on your thinking skills.. The answer is not even that hard...Let see how long it takes you...

And your special defensive rachi evs are kinda bad even if you made the adjustments, those evs on showdown are outdated, there are better evs.... then again you probably play those noobs tiers like RU so I dont expect you to know everything.

So why do you think smogon put those evs on rachi? inb4 6th gen and we're still waiting for an answer....Y/N?
Back to top Go down
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male

Ofensive Rain My_e4_11
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

Ofensive Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ofensive Rain   Ofensive Rain Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 10:02 pm

Wth allen... Yea I pulled that ttar excuse out of my butt just so I can avoid sayin i dont know but a giant speech about it? Come on. Ttar was just for a lack of a better reason. (sorry shredder :s ) Dont know why your comparing me to reshy and lone cuz I didnt stuck random pokemon together. I even got some help makin it so plz dont compare my teams with theres.

But thanks for the rachi advice tho. I guess the only other big thing it outspeeds with those evs is adament breloom which it can still outspeed with less evs if their not using mach punch (which they prob would use anyway) I did noticed that the 32 evs really is outdated. It was meant for 4th gen with a bulky specs or calm mind varient LOL.  Now I could put the speed evs on its other stats. Ill think about what move you mean tho. I mean all 4 of them work pretty well unless theres a ferro or ground type. We'll see.

But they only real prob with the team is scarf lando which is why I posted it. So any advice for that?

Oh and last time I played ru was before ak quit rays for his music lol. OU was always my main tier
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ofensive Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ofensive Rain   Ofensive Rain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ofensive Rain
Page 1 of 1