Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Muddy Water?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zer0
Noob
Noob
Zer0

Male
Number of posts : 17
Friend Code : Black 2: 1078-1882-8920
Registration date : 2013-08-22

Muddy Water? Empty
PostSubject: Muddy Water?   Muddy Water? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 9:41 am

Hey guys.. I was wondering.. After reading the rules about the banned moves and stuff on here it says that moves that lower accuracy are banned.. Which is reasonable enough. My question is will the move 'Muddy Water' be banned? As it isn't directly attacking the accuracy like 'Sand Attack' does. The description for 'Muddy Water' is as follows; 'The user attacks by shooting muddy water at the opposing team. It may also lower the targets' accuracy.' If someone could shed some light on this situation for me it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
darts555
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 59
Badges : Muddy Water? 20px-Mineral_BadgeMuddy Water? 20px-Mind_BadgeMuddy Water? 20px-Earth_BadgeMuddy Water? 30px-Toxic_Badge
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Muddy Water? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muddy Water?   Muddy Water? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 9:55 am

raising your own evasion(ex: double team) is banned but attacks that lower your opponents accuracy like sand attack, muddy water, mud slap, octazoka etc is not banned. However, using these moves(especially 100% effective ones like mud slap, sandattack) in competitive battle is usually frowned upon because thats basically a cheap tactic relying on luck to win
Back to top Go down
Zer0
Noob
Noob
Zer0

Male
Number of posts : 17
Friend Code : Black 2: 1078-1882-8920
Registration date : 2013-08-22

Muddy Water? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muddy Water?   Muddy Water? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:55 am

So I'll be able to use Muddy Water and not look like a total jackass doing it?
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Muddy Water? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muddy Water?   Muddy Water? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 1:55 pm

No you wont look like a "jackass" . People dont use these type of moves because its an unreliable way to win and most of the time you're gonna be on the losing end.

There's no such thing as "cheap" in competitive pokemon as long as you dont break any clauses, so whether you using a iron-flinching strategy or a team with 6 choice items, its not considered "cheap" by any means. Just dont break any clauses and you're good.
Back to top Go down
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male
Number of posts : 1901
Ribbons : Fire/Grass E4

Muddy Water? My_e4_11
Friend Code : SoulSilver
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Muddy Water? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muddy Water?   Muddy Water? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 2:04 pm

Surf is most likely seen much more often than muddy water because there's a chance that muddy water can miss and surf has perfect accuracy so that's the one down side to that move
Back to top Go down
SHREDDER(Dragon)
Rookie
SHREDDER(Dragon)

Number of posts : 107
Friend Code : 073273498040 for SS, for pearl 352498494011

Muddy Water? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muddy Water?   Muddy Water? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 6:39 pm

I personally would rather run scald than muddy water since if i remember it has 80 base power and 30% accuracy. If your talking singles then surf would be a stronger option with perfect accuracy and a higher base power.
Back to top Go down
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male
Number of posts : 1901
Ribbons : Fire/Grass E4

Muddy Water? My_e4_11
Friend Code : SoulSilver
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

Muddy Water? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muddy Water?   Muddy Water? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 6:52 pm

Na muddy water has the same power as surf but I think it's accuracy is 90-95%. I mean its more accurate than hydro pump but its gonna miss sometimes
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Muddy Water? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muddy Water?   Muddy Water? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Scald does more damage than surf if you get the burn. By running scald you can burn pokemon such as ferrothorn or latias that would normally switch into a water mon and have a much easier time beating them.

The only reason to run surf is if the pokemon is a sweeper like latios or keldeo where you need the extra power for an instant kill, but other than that scald is a much better move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Muddy Water? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muddy Water?   Muddy Water? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Muddy Water?
Page 1 of 1