Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cool Hail team

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male
Number of posts : 1901
Ribbons : Fire/Grass E4

Cool Hail team My_e4_11
Friend Code : SoulSilver
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Cool Hail team Empty
PostSubject: Cool Hail team   Cool Hail team Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 10:55 pm

Well this is my first attempt at making a hail team. I know hail is not that good compared to rain but meh, its pretty good. My team seems to be doing well but think it can be even better?

Heres a battle against a sun team. It did a fairly good job countering it even when sun was up for most of the battle.

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou8114217

Cool Hail team 460
bomasnow @ Occa Berry
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Ice Shard
- Focus Punch

Well it wouldnt be a hail team without obamasnow lol. I made him a bulky sub puncher with stab priority and leech seed for recovery.

Cool Hail team 646-black

Kyurem-Black @ Expert Belt
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Blizzard
- Earth Power

And here is kyruem B, my mixed sweeper. I picked kyruem B over Kyruem because of its extremely high atk. Its high enough to still ko-2hko many pokemon without the need of investment plus a bit of extra bulk in exchanged for a slightly weaker sp atk. Seems like a fair trade. Razz Well anyway, kyruem thrives in and out hail being abole to handle stallers such as gastrodon and some varients of switched in jirachis. Fear its power rawr >:3

Cool Hail team 485

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Protect
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse

Heatran is probrably a necessity in any hail team beacuase of its ability to absorb fire attacks and having air ballon to counter earthquakes. Magma storm is a pretty good because of its ability to trap foesand add extra damage every turn with would cancel out their leftovers heal if they have it. That magma storm damage plus hail would quicky wear down the opponent and protect lets it stall the damage even longer.

Cool Hail team 094

Gengar @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Gengar is here to help cover the weaknesses that the rest of the team possess; fighting and ground. Its the infamous sub disable set. It proves to be pretty effective at disabling attacks against gengar or even disable attacks to make it safe for me to switch. Focus blast and shadow ball gives gengar that ghost fighting perfect coverage. He is also a very good spin blocker.

Cool Hail team 386-defense

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Magic Coat
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Deoxys is my fast hazards setter with magic coat to help bounce back status/ hazards. And seismic toss is there to deliver a decent amount of damage. Pretty standard set.

Cool Hail team 121

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Scald

Now starmie is my second line of defense just in case hazards make it through deoxys. Since stealth rocks is a pain to my team, having a spinner is very useful. Starmie also makes for a good wall with scald to hold back physical threats.
So what you think?
Back to top Go down
Cipher
Rookie
Cipher

Male
Number of posts : 80
Badges : Cool Hail team 30px-Toxic_Badge
Symbols : Cool Hail team 20px-Knowledgesymbolsilver
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2011-09-10

Cool Hail team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool Hail team   Cool Hail team Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:29 am

From that video, its clear Gastrodon is a major bother to your team...may i suggest giga drain on gengar or squeeze a hidden power grass in there somewhere?
Back to top Go down
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male

Cool Hail team My_e4_11
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

Cool Hail team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool Hail team   Cool Hail team Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 3:06 pm

well kyruem is able to 2hko gastrodon but maybe ill take leech seed off obama and give it energy ball with leftovers. Think the team might be hit hard by scicor or is heatran enough?
Back to top Go down
Gates
Elite 4
Gates

Male
Number of posts : 439
Ribbons : Water/Psychic E4

Cool Hail team Cap_s_10
Friend Code : White 2: 4599 7402 6728
SSB: 5284-2554-0925
Registration date : 2012-07-04

Cool Hail team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool Hail team   Cool Hail team Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Your Kyurem set gives me worry. I think your Starmie should be your speedy sweeper and just let Kyurem fire off the most powerful shots he can, make him a full physical imo instead of mixed so he can get more physical attacks which he does best. I would give Starmie Surf/Blizzard/tbolt/rapid spin.

I like Deoxys' EV and nature but give him taunt and nightshade/hail. Nightshade if you want to death fodder him after getting up rocks and spikes or hail in case they bring a type of weather. If you're going to run those EVs though taunt is amazing and very helpful, in my experiences magic coat never went well for me. Keep your Gengar the same until more testing is done.

I would make Abomasnow a special attacker and give him giga drain, get rid leach seed since it isnt that important if you're planning on putting up rocks AND spikes, since the point of rocks and spikes to get everything the opponent has within a one shot range to be picked of by all your sweepers (star and kyurem).

So yeah, I like the expert belt on Kyurem, but I have found that power herb works better, especially with Kyurems attack stat he often doesn't need the boost after rocks and spikes, getting off a freeze shock can be clutch. But deff make Kyurem a full attacker 252 atk and 252 speed and test how that works.

The only other thing I would work into your team somehow is a twave somewhere, just because Kyurems speed can be troublesome and if you can't get a rapid spin off and are forced to bring in Kyurem you have to be absolutely sure he can outspeed whatever he is facing.

I would also suggest changing your heatran move set. The air balloon is ok but I would give it more coverage. hp ice works A LOT better on your team than dragon pulse. I would recommend something to stop a scarf terrakion because it can run all over your team, good luck figuring that one out, I would help but I have run out of time, been in Starbucks too long lol. I'll think over tomorrow and when I can get back to a wifi source I'll tell ya what I came up with. Razz

Of course this is just what I myself would do, if you do decide to test these out I feel like it would be best to make ALL THE CHANGES I SUGGESTED instead of changing just one or two things and keeping the rest of them YOUR way, as it will give you the best possible synergy. If you make these changes I cannot stress how important a twave is to best support your sweepers and the taunt on deoxys can save you many times, at least it saved me more times than I can remember. Let me know how it goes if you do.

Also, Z.Boy, that is hands down the best sig I've seen in a long time, little jelly over here. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male

Cool Hail team My_e4_11
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

Cool Hail team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool Hail team   Cool Hail team Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 8:10 pm

thx alot cap and z. I put everything togetheer and this team is even better now. watch

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou8299794

gonna update the team on this post when i get the chance
Back to top Go down
BattleMaster
Rookie
BattleMaster

Male
Number of posts : 62
Friend Code : diamond 4082 1236 8738
black 1 1249 6330 3321
white 2 2151 6111 6800
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Cool Hail team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool Hail team   Cool Hail team Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 1:24 am

nice team ito works really well but still looked like gastrodon gives u a lot of bother still as your aboma didn't get to do nothing to it. have u ever thought giving gengar energy ball?
Back to top Go down
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male

Cool Hail team My_e4_11
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

Cool Hail team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool Hail team   Cool Hail team Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 6:43 pm

Well obama can handle gastro now. Just forgot in that battle that earthpower is not super effective to it lol. And adding energy ball doesnt fit into his moveset since it would take away its perfect coverage. Anyway, heres my updated team

Cool Hail team 460

Obama Snott (Abomasnow) (M) @ Light Clay
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- Blizzard
- Light Screen

Like I said before, it wouldnt be a hail team without Obama. Before it was a physical attacker with a priority stab ice shard and sub punch but now Im making it a special attacker with light screen to support the team. Although tbh, I would perfer a reflect but obama doesnt learn it. 8 turns of light screen are still good tho. That light screen support can allow either my other pokemon to sweep easier or for depxys to send out more hazards. Its giga drain can let it handle gastrodon since they used to give me trouble beating before plus it give obama a form of recovery while its blizzard would do a considerable amount of damage to any pokemon who deosnt resist it. And its sub can allow it to act like a scout for opposing pokemon.

Cool Hail team 646-black

Macho (Kyurem-Black) @ Power Herb
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Freeze Shock
- Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Hidden Pwer Fire

Calling Kyruem B a beast is an understatement. Its incredible attack stats is begging to be abused. There are very few select pokemon who can hope to wall it. Previously, my Kyruem was a mixed sweeper with max sp atk and no investment into its attac but altho its attack is still very high, it can fail to ko pokemon it normally could of. Well even though it has such a monsterous attack, its speed is a let down a times. Lucky for it, Deoxys will provide t-wave support to help it sweep better which makes it a great late game sweeper. Outrage and freeze shock are its stab atacks while fusion bolt is for coverage. Its 4th move is pretty much a filler. NOt sure what to go with though. Dragon claw would allow it to use its stab attack without being locked into outrage while Earthquake/stone edge would give it extra coverage. Hidden power fire can let it take out some of the very few walls namely ferrothorn. Once all threats are delt with, Kyruem can destroy the rest of the team and perhaps accidentally demolish a couple building in the process. Fear that power. rawr >:3

Cool Hail team 485

Scrappy (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Protect
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran is a pretty useful pokemon to my team. Its flash fire allows it to kick ninetale's butt or any other pokemon who tries using fire attacks on my team. It is also an answer to steel types that can possibly give me trouble like scizor and jirachi. Altho its accuracy is shaky, I find that magma storm does a better job than fire blast for this team. Like I mentioned before, magma storm's ability to contue to hurt the opponent every turn plus keeping them from switching out. That magma storm plus hail would wear any pokemon down even with leftovers. Too bad the effect wears out when heatran switches out.

Cool Hail team 094

Charlie (Gengar) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

And here gengar, my spin blocker and early game sweeper. Didnt change a thing on gengar since this set does so well. Its his sub disable set. It lets gengar use a sub with its high speed and then disable whatever move it tries to use. I can also use this to my advantage to disable certain moves to allow me to safely switch in another pokemon. Disable isnt where Gengar's usefulness end tho. Gengar behind a sub is very dangerous to many teams and with its perfect coverage with focus blast and shadow ball.

Cool Hail team 386-defense

Defensive Diva (Deoxys-Defense) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Like Dyeoxys's name implies (Defensive Diva), it is a defensive supporter in my team. It gives my sweepers a better chance of success with t-wave support on pokemon like terrakoin, and scarf users. It also stops pokemon like lucario, reuniclus and landourus which would be devistating to the team. Not only that, taunt brings stalling to a halt. All that will give it a great chance to get off as much hazards as possible. Its only weakness are espeon and xatu but I can poossibly lure them in and switch to maybe gengar since he has shadow ball or kyruem since any of its moves would most likely ko them.

Cool Hail team 121

Patrick (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump

Here is Patrick star. Razz He preform any jobs in my team such as absorbing onciming status moves, spinning away hazards which would really hurt my team, and be my late game sweeper along with Kyruem B. Starmie used to be the defensivly bulky varient but the lack of speed proved to do more harm than good to me. Having it be the sweeper support varient lets it take down fast pokemon. With starmie at full speed and power, it can now handle threats that were dangerous to my team before such as breloom. It can take a mach punch and ko it with a perfect accuracy blizzard.It is also faster than switched in spin blockers like gengar and jelisent and can ko them fairly easily.
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Cool Hail team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool Hail team   Cool Hail team Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:48 pm

ITO have you forgot everything about competitive battling? Your team is extremely weak to scizor... Heatran is a check not a counter, meaning that heatran can only beat scizor 1v1 but CANNOT switch into scizor. The minute your heatran gets kill my a predicted superpower, its GG NO RE by scizor. In situation abomasnow or kyurem vs scizor, it will just for superpower anyways, so you cant really bring heatran in too safely. Terrakion rapes you, volcanrona with hp ground (which is really common these days) rapes you after quiver dance, and can easily set up on abomasnow.

Hail isnt a competitive team because you will find yourself losing to other weather. The opponent that you faced is a shitty ass player, I can tell from turn 3 because he plays his weather inducer too recklessly when he should be switching to starmie and spin away. I dont even need to check his record cus I can guarantee he has a pretty bad record.

Im the best Deoxys/Gengar player. And I know everything there is to these DeoD/Gar offense. If you gonna play deoxys/gar team you need to play weatherless or rain if you must use weather, but preferally weatherless and also you cannot have a spinner. Deoxys+gar already takes up 2 mons already, and you dont really have room for a weather or a spinner, the other 4 pokes is meant to sweep with the support of hazards.

The best teams are pioneered already, so stop wasting your time trying to build "creative" team with the intention of countering the metagame. Shit dont work. Pokemon today is about how to out-think others and outplayed them. For example if I see steelix or umbreon in team preview , Ill just type in gg no re in the chat, cus I know that kid is a scrub and never seen a terrakion-scizor or lucario before. If I see a zapdos instead of thundurus, ill just type in GG no re as well, because I know people who uses outclassed material in OU are not good players.

Basically when you look at the team preview, you should know if you have the match won or not, if you dont they you're prolly the sucker. Its like looking at a test if you should know if you're gonna do well or not, if you dont then you're prolly fucked.
Back to top Go down
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male

Cool Hail team My_e4_11
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

Cool Hail team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool Hail team   Cool Hail team Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Well it wasnt really an attempt to counter the metagame. Just felt like making a decent hail team regardless it being outclassed by rain. Scizor, scarf terra and +1 volc are deffinantly counters to the teams. They pretty much counter all hail teams but starmie can take anything but u-turn from scizor and gengar can handle a majority of choiced pokemon. Not much to hit volc at +1 but yeah, all teams have counters. Anyway, its not really a serious team.

I do disagree with you saying all the best teams have already been made since people making new teams is how the metagame changes. Its all trial and error. It also depends if your a good enough battler to pull it off. An example of this is how everyone used physical landorus then one person discovered that special landorus is better. Now everyone uses the special set.

dont worry. I didnt forget about competitive battling Razz
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Cool Hail team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool Hail team   Cool Hail team Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:40 pm

Checks are pokemon that annoys the team, Counters are pokemon that rapes the team. Good teams dont have counters, they have checks and most of the checks are shitty lower tier pokemon, and if someone uses those pokes, chances are they bad players and you should win anyways.

Zapdos is pretty annoying to some of my teams, and about a month ago I battle with a guy using a zapdos/steelix core. Normally that would be scary but I know that guy isnt good because if he was good he would be using thundurus/skarm. Not to mention his zapdos has THUNDER on a weatherless team, so I know for sure hes a noob and not one of those pros that trolls around, good players dont rely on low accuracy moves, unless its like rotom where you have to use hydro pump. Obviously I smashed that guy and make him hit the forfeit button in less than 15 turns, despite him having a "check" to my team.

Your team is weak to scizor, terrakion, volcanrona, and they are on every other competitive team. They are COUNTERS to your team. Its better to be weak to half of the UU list than to be weak to those 3 pokes.

And last but not least, why are you running weather? well theres 2 reasons to run weather: To abuse your own weather and to keep other weather from going nuts. You fail to accomplish both of these reasons. You lose to sand, rain is too balance and most likely result in a loss, and sun offense rapes you by definition (dont bring up that shitty opponent on your replay, he has a sun team without a chloro sweeper and play his weather inducer recklessly).
Back to top Go down
Ito le Typhlito
Admin
Admin
Ito le Typhlito

Male

Cool Hail team My_e4_11
0605 0667 5485
White
0905 6828 1373

Cool Hail team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool Hail team   Cool Hail team Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 5:26 pm

Dont even use the team anymore since deoxys went uber. Made a wayy better team and this one is probably my best one yet Razz But about this team, those pokemon are pretty tough to handle so yea everything you said was right. Just remember that this was more of a fun team and that I kicked alot of peoples butts on showdown with this "mediocre" team so yea lol

Last edited by Ito le Typhlito on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gates
Elite 4
Gates

Male
Number of posts : 439
Ribbons : Water/Psychic E4

Cool Hail team Cap_s_10
Friend Code : White 2: 4599 7402 6728
SSB: 5284-2554-0925
Registration date : 2012-07-04

Cool Hail team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool Hail team   Cool Hail team Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 8:26 pm

Gen 5 could have been so much fun too... Sad
Why can't we have nice things?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cool Hail team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool Hail team   Cool Hail team Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cool Hail team
Page 1 of 1