Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My buddies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
☠Dr Flamedog☠
Professor
☠Dr Flamedog☠

Male
Number of posts : 106
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2012-04-26

My buddies Empty
PostSubject: My buddies   My buddies Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:31 pm

Someone please help me out. I've been losing and winning with this team almost the equal amount of times so I wan't to know what the problem with this team is.

My buddies 229
ヘルガー-Life orb
Ability:Flash fire
Nature:Hasty
Evs:36Hp/104Atk/180SpAtk/188Spd
-Suckerpunch
-Overheat
-Hidden power ground
-Role play

Alright let me start off with my favorite pokemon, Houndoom. He gets rid of all those frail pokes that are dark weak like Alakazam, Starmie, and Latios. They all never expect a sucker punch, thinking I have dark pulse so most of the time they don't tend to switch. He can also finish off weakened pokes. Overheat is for more power as that's my preferred style. Hidden power is for those heatrans who can completely wall me with this set. Role play for pokes like Vaporeon and jellicent who are common switch ins and I gain the waterabsorb ability and heal off damage that I got recoiled from life orb. Also useful using it on a Ninjask and chlorophyll abusers.

My buddies Spr_3r_286
キノガッサ-Toxic orb
Ability:Poison heal
Nature:Jolly
Evs:156Hp/252Atk/100Spd
-Spore
-Focus punch
-Stone edge
-Substitute

My subpunch sweeper breloom. His focus punch is so strong that even Latios takes over 50% from it. The only problem is he gets walled by pokes like Gliscor, reuniclus, Mew. But my other pokes can take care of them easily. But I've had battles where I successfully 6-0ed a team with subpunch. Stone edge is for Dragonite and other flying types who resist focus punch.

My buddies GengarNormalSprite
ゲンガー-Life orb
Ability:Levitate
Nature:Modest
Evs:156Hp/150SpAtk/204Spd
-Shadow ball
-Sludge bomb
-Focus blast
-Thunder

Special sweeper. Nothing else much to say. I didn't put much speed evs on him because I really like the survivability he gets from certain attacks. And there are thunder-wave support too so that helps too.

My buddies 130
ギャラドス-Leftovers
Ability:Intimidate
Nature:Adamant
Evs:252Atk/24Def/232
-Waterfall
-Bounce
-Dragon dance
-Thunderwave

Gyarados, a pokemon I loved since I was 5... He is my DD sweeper and waterfall and bounce provides pretty good coverage. Thunderwave for switch in sweepers who carry thunderbolt like Starmie. He can also come in on a quiver dance volcarona and paralyze him.

My buddies Sprite376
メタグロス-Leftovers
Ability:Clear body
Nature:Careful
Evs:252Hp/20Def/236SpDef
-Meteor mash
-Zen headbutt
-Earthquake
-Stealth rock

He is my very bulky tank. Specially defensive takes draco meteor like its nothing and either set up or smash them with meteor mash. The 20% chance attack boost is always a bonus too especially when he lacks attack investments. He also handles Gengar fairly easily because he has zen headbutt and takes about 3 shadow balls.

My buddies Zapdos_sprite
サンダー-Leftovers
Ability:Pressure(Lightning rod when it comes out)
Nature:Bold
Evs:252Hp/60Def/56Spatk/140SpDef
-Thunderbolt
-Roost
-Hidden power ice
-Agility

As soon as lightning rod comes out he will be my primary thudurus t counter. He is my switch in to thundurus t's thunder and spatk boosts. Then he uses agility. Then thundurus-t will HP ice me which will not KO my bulky Zapdos and Zapdos can roost all day long or kill him off with a boosted HP ice. But other than that, he is just bulky as hell and takes alot of hits.

Type immunities:
Houndoom-Fire, Psychic
Metagross-Poison
Gyarados-Ground
Gengar-Ground, normal, fighting
Breloom-Status, leech seed
Zapdos-Ground, electric
Back to top Go down
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male
Number of posts : 917
Badges : My buddies 30px-Basic_Badge
Friend Code : Showdown & Pokemon Online
Registration date : 2010-12-20

My buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: My buddies   My buddies Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:34 pm

youll prob want pursuit most will be pressure by sucker punch+pursuit
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/sasymankanpro
Gates
Elite 4
Gates

Male
Number of posts : 439
Ribbons : Water/Psychic E4

My buddies Cap_s_10
Friend Code : White 2: 4599 7402 6728
SSB: 5284-2554-0925
Registration date : 2012-07-04

My buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: My buddies   My buddies Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:44 pm

I'll admit, when I saw the title of the post I thought of something else, oh well, all my friends are imaginary anyways.
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

My buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: My buddies   My buddies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 2:26 pm

Hi, first off you need to understand that Pokemon is a game that require battling skills, good teams as well as a little bit of luck. Most of the times its not the teams fault, but its the players lack of battling skills, or they are just insanely unlucky like Adrian :]. So before questioning if your team is effective or not, you might wanna ask yourself if its really your teams fault or your fault. Anyways assuming you dont lack battling skills and have normal human luck, lets see whats wrong with it.

It seems like your teams is based around what I call a surprise factor. Its good and all but it only works once, and against some experience player it might not even work at all. The example here would be how an octillery rapes my team. Is octillery a good pokemon? no its not, hes only lucky that he ran into a player that has no experience with that poke. Should he battle me again or anyone that has a clue about an octillery, he would not be able to do anything. A good pokemon would be scizor, genesect, tornadus-T, dragonite, latias.. everyone knows what set they run, but yet people still have hard time with them. This surprise factor style of play is good but unreliable, your basically hoping your opponent lacks the knowledge of this/that poke or this/that strategy.

I see some problems with your team as well. You have 3 pokes weak to rocks, no spinner and nothing to prevent the rocks from getting up. If someone sets up rocks, they already got a free kill. I see a huge genesect weakness, especially the life orb/expert belt, rock polish set, it has the power to ohko every one of your pokes (gengar takes 70% and cant do anything back and houndoom takes 80-90% from uturn, rocks will most likely be up so houndoom just dies). You have no fast poke and no revenge killer making your team extremely weak to dragon dancer, should a haxorus/dnite gets a DD up, it can 6-0 your team. And last but not least since OU is full of weather teams and you are playing weatherless, you need have to play hyper offense, a good way to check if your team is hyper offense or not is seeing how many turns it takes for you to win. Hyper offensive teams usually take around 13-15 turns. Personally I dont reconmend anyone playing weatherless in this current metagame.

Btw Im not sure what you mean by no one expects sucker punch from houndoom? Its like on most houndoom sets on smogon and the #1 set has sucker punch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: My buddies   My buddies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My buddies
Page 1 of 1