Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rayquaza in OU?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
☠Dr Flamedog☠
Professor
☠Dr Flamedog☠

Male
Number of posts : 106
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Rayquaza in OU? Empty
PostSubject: Rayquaza in OU?   Rayquaza in OU? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:33 pm

Okay this idea may seem absurd but I think smogon just automatically put him in the ubers tier due to his legendary status and his ridiculously high stats without any thinking and without realizing its flaws. Well first Rayquaza may have the best offensive stats, movepool, and may be the best wallbreaker/mixed sweeper in the game but base 95 spd is nothing special and gets destroyed by ice shard. And his defenses arent that great to take hard hits either especially when you are running a -Def or -SpDef nature if your going to make him mixed. So a faster sweeper can easily destroy Rayquaza actually. More so he is limited on switching because of its stealth rock weakness. I think he is perfect for OU. Kind of like Slaking who has high stats but in a low tier because of its bad ability. Also, he might have extremespeed but not enough to KO any ice poke like Weavile(Weavile ice shard goes first anyway) or Mamoswine or any dragons without a boost. And if hes going to be boosting, then they will use that chance to kill off Rayquaza. So therefore his monstrous offensive stats will be wasted if he will get KOed before he attacks.

So how about us allowing to use Rayquaza in OU JUST when we're battling each other in this forum or if others accept it? And seriously, do we really need to follow smogon on what tier he is being put in, a different forum? And one last thing, THIS IS A RAYQUAZA FORUM!!! So shouldn't we have freedom with this precious poke that is the representative of this site?

Btw I would do this and ONLY this moveset if I were to use Rayquaza in OU.

Rayquaza-Dragon fang
Ability:Air lock
Nature:Naive
Evs:252Hp/4Def/252Spd(No offensive investments)
-Dragon claw
-Flamethrower/Fire blast
-Surf
-Earthquake/Energy ball
Back to top Go down
Nova
Trainer
Trainer
Nova

Male
Number of posts : 347
Symbols : Rayquaza in OU? 20px-Lucksymbolsilver
Friend Code : Rayquaza in OU? 50px-Lucksymbol
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Rayquaza in OU? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rayquaza in OU?   Rayquaza in OU? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:28 pm

The reason most people follow smogon is because those are integrated into things like PO and Showdown. So even if we made it OU here it wouldn't matter on those places. I suppose you could do that for DS as long as it wasnt online and stick to wifi club with peeps here. Good idea but I think it should just stay in ubers.
Back to top Go down
Gates
Elite 4
Gates

Male
Number of posts : 439
Ribbons : Water/Psychic E4

Rayquaza in OU? Cap_s_10
Friend Code : White 2: 4599 7402 6728
SSB: 5284-2554-0925
Registration date : 2012-07-04

Rayquaza in OU? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rayquaza in OU?   Rayquaza in OU? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:09 pm

IDC, that'd be cool, but I imagine Allen would get constipated at the very idea, if you wanna mess around with this I could care less if you use Rayquaza in a wifi battle with me.
Back to top Go down
chomper
Trainer
Trainer
chomper

Female
Number of posts : 466
Friend Code : Fuck Wifi.
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Rayquaza in OU? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rayquaza in OU?   Rayquaza in OU? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:37 pm

Rayquaza is way, way too strong for OU. It can learn sword dance/extreme speed which is a very deadly combo. After a SD it has almost 900 attack stats and decimates everything in OU. I ran lucario in most of my teams and that combo is very deadly.

Extreme Speed is +2 priority and ice shard is only +1 so weavile wont go first. After SD, extreme speed ohkos mamoswine (does 94% min). So ice shard users are not counters to it. And EVEN IF they are Rayquaza will still go uber imo, every pokemon has counters and the fact that only ice shard users counter rayquaza (which is half a dozen at most) makes rayquaza quite deadly. Im kinda ignoring the speed factor because it can bypass that issue by using extreme speed.

As for the dragon dance set, dragonite, who has the same movepool and much lower attack and speed than Rayquaza is currently top 5 in usage. This shows that if Rayquaza goes to OU, it would be way too strong.

The reason why everyone is following smogon is because they know what they are doing. They have reasons why pokes are in the tiers they are, they wont make stuff ubers because people are crying about it or UU because someone say it sucks. People might not agree with some of smogons reasonings and personally I do not agree with a few smogon sets but overall I think smogon knows what they are doing.

Back to top Go down
Gates
Elite 4
Gates

Male
Number of posts : 439
Ribbons : Water/Psychic E4

Rayquaza in OU? Cap_s_10
Friend Code : White 2: 4599 7402 6728
SSB: 5284-2554-0925
Registration date : 2012-07-04

Rayquaza in OU? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rayquaza in OU?   Rayquaza in OU? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:52 pm

TheCaptain wrote:
IDC, that'd be cool, but I imagine Allen would get constipated at the very idea, if you wanna mess around with this I could care less if you use Rayquaza in a wifi battle with me.

Wow, am I good or what. Anyway, while I do agree that Rayquaza can hold its own in ubers and deserves its place there, if you still wanna mess around sometime with him in a battle I have no objection, every now and then I play games to have fun and wouldn't mind making things interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rayquaza in OU? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rayquaza in OU?   Rayquaza in OU? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rayquaza in OU?
Page 1 of 1