Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Our Gym Leaders

Go down 
+3
Reshiram
AK
Pawn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pawn
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain
Pawn

Male
Number of posts : 715
Symbols : Our Gym Leaders 20px-Tacticssymbol
Friend Code : 0432 5553 5950 - diamond
0819 3370 9446 - white
Registration date : 2011-02-12

Our Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Our Gym Leaders   Our Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:09 pm

Lately i have been feeling as though our Gym Leaders haven't been doing a very good job of preventing us from getting their badges. So I decided to do a bit of number work and the numbers aren't good.

Here are the currently known stats of our gym leaders:
Chrono 0 wins, 2 losses, percentage - 0%
Z.Boy 7 wins, 4 losses, percentage - 64%
Masterlolo6 0 wins, 2 losses, percentage - 0%
Light 16 wins, 3 losses, percentage - 84%
Potito 8 wins, 6 losses, percentage - 57%
Luna 0 wins, 5 losses, percentage - 0%
Connest 2 wins, 5 losses, percentage - 29%

In my opinion, a good gym leader should be able to win at least 70% of the time. Right now on average, our gym leaders only defend their badges 33% of the time. I don't mean to sound mean to our gym leaders, but; they should either get better teams, or be replaced.
My point for this post was to motivate not insult our gym leaders. PLEASE do not take this the wrong way.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
~ Thomas Edison
Back to top Go down
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male
Number of posts : 917
Badges : Our Gym Leaders 30px-Basic_Badge
Friend Code : Showdown & Pokemon Online
Registration date : 2010-12-20

Our Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Gym Leaders   Our Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:43 am

Honestly. Let's get straight to the point. Could you do any better? Let's see you get 70% average. Case closed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/sasymankanpro
Pawn
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain
Pawn

Male
0819 3370 9446 - white

Our Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Gym Leaders   Our Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:24 am

im not saying i could do much better if any better, but ak, how badly did you school the gym leaders youve beaten so far? wouldnt you want a challenge?
Back to top Go down
Reshiram
Elderly
Elderly
Reshiram

Male
Number of posts : 663
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2012-02-17

Our Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Gym Leaders   Our Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:20 pm

i have to agree with pawn thats why im training my electric types VERY carefully
Back to top Go down
Masterlolo6
Gym Leader
Masterlolo6

Number of posts : 136
Friend Code : 5199 3307 4259
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Our Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Gym Leaders   Our Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:12 pm

I played 2 matches as a gym leader and lost them not because my team is bad nor because im missing some skills, its not easy having a monotype team. But my team has won 8 matches on PO and about 5 matches here. Second of all, you didnt battle most of the gym leaders here,come battle us first.
Back to top Go down
Light
Rookie
Light

Male
Number of posts : 94
Friend Code : ???
Registration date : 2011-01-01

Our Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Gym Leaders   Our Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:39 pm

Lol i can't even get a chance to battle you^. And i'm not gonna lie i got SCHOOLED HARD by Ak, i wasn't thinking and since i won the first match i underestimated him the second time. So i guess we do need a little motivation. And Ak and Allen are probably in the top 5 on the site.

As the current most successful gym leader, i do think that gym leaders need to step their game up. Not trying to sound good, because i know i'm only decent. Giving up halfway through the battle is a huge problem i seem to face, so yeah i need to work on that too. And i do agree with Pawn.
Back to top Go down
Chrono
Admin
Admin
Chrono

Male
Number of posts : 1504
Ribbons : Our Gym Leaders Chrono12
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Our Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Gym Leaders   Our Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:57 pm

An inventor fails 999 times, and if he succeeds once, he's in. He treats his failures simply as practice shots.
Charles Kettering

pawn its time for you to sit down, because YOU GOT SERVED!

but pawn, I do you hear you point, but at the moment many people do not have the time to think about team building, and probably summer time gym leaders will be alot better, since they will have time to build the team up and take time learing about the teams weaknesses.
But you cannot put everyone under the same bracket, you may have a 1000 consecutive wins then 1000 consecutive loses, but are you any better or worse? Also take into account that some gym leaders may only have battled people on the "theoretical" top 10 list, but does that make the person worse? maybe he/she is a good pokemon battler and good enough to be a gymleader but he/she is not strong enough to take on the top 5? I say give this some time and after the exam season revisit this, because at the moment i'm sure that most people will be focusing on school than how to get the best monotype team.
Back to top Go down
Frozone
Admin
Admin
Frozone

Male
Number of posts : 211
Ribbons : Our Gym Leaders B4jeq8 Elite Four Ice Master
Friend Code : Gen 4: 1334 5302 2696
Gen 5: 5157 3888 4561
Registration date : 2011-01-16

Our Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Gym Leaders   Our Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:08 pm

There is no reason to post something like this. Pawn gym leaders are also supposed to be beaten. The main reason if you look who has the lower percentages the counters for those types are very powerful. And one other thing, We have some skilled players on this forum. Ak i know would have an easy time sweeping through my gyms because he is a really good battler.

So, this post can also offend a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
Pawn
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain
Pawn

Male
0819 3370 9446 - white

Our Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Gym Leaders   Our Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:12 pm

all i did was try to make a small little point Sad i agree with chrono, and fro i never did intend to offend anybody at all, i was just trying to inspire them to try harder. and i understand that gyms are supposed to be beaten, but you gotta make the challenger work for their badge.
Back to top Go down
Frozone
Admin
Admin
Frozone

Male
Number of posts : 211
Ribbons : Our Gym Leaders B4jeq8 Elite Four Ice Master
Friend Code : Gen 4: 1334 5302 2696
Gen 5: 5157 3888 4561
Registration date : 2011-01-16

Our Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Gym Leaders   Our Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Like i said, Yes you have to make them work, but for instance when i had my gym and people brought scizor i was screwed. Every gym has pokemon that can only be countered with one specific poke.
Back to top Go down
Chrono
Admin
Admin
Chrono

Male
Number of posts : 1504
Ribbons : Our Gym Leaders Chrono12
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Our Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Gym Leaders   Our Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 1:10 pm

nothings going to happen, so i call this case closed.

---lock & Archives ---
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Gym Leaders   Our Gym Leaders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Gym Leaders
Page 1 of 1