Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Smogon's Uber List

Go down 
+4
Killah
jd
AK
L
8 posters
AuthorMessage
L
L

Male
Number of posts : 159
Badges : Smogon's Uber List HiveBadgeSmogon's Uber List WSmogon's Uber List CascadeBadgeSmogon's Uber List Flame
Friend Code : Trading/Breeding Code: 2407 1949 3913
Battle Code: 2321 8389 9288
Registration date : 2009-09-11

Smogon's Uber List Empty
PostSubject: Smogon's Uber List   Smogon's Uber List Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:43 pm

For those of you interested in playing on our OU ladder or in any of our OU tournaments, here is the running list of our bans:

Items
All items that increase Evasion (e.g. BrightPowder)

Moves
All moves that increase Evasion only (e.g. Minimize)
All instant OHKO moves (e.g. Horn Drill)

Abilities
Moody
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Species
Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys-A
Deoxys
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Lugia
Manaphy
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Zekrom

Ok does anyone else find it completely stupid that Blazakien is on there even without speed boost!?? I mean what nonsense he was UU for crying out loud and has terrible defense. Yet Mew is OU now what has Smogon been smoking seriously...
Back to top Go down
AK
Elderly
Elderly
AK

Male
Number of posts : 917
Badges : Smogon's Uber List 30px-Basic_Badge
Friend Code : Showdown & Pokemon Online
Registration date : 2010-12-20

Smogon's Uber List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smogon's Uber List   Smogon's Uber List Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:49 pm

I think there is a mistake. Why is Blaziken uber???

hmm I see. Couldn't we just make Blaziken OU? We don't have to 100% copy smogon right? I'd switch Mew with Blaziken Mew is too strong wtf
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/sasymankanpro
L
L

Male
Number of posts : 159
Badges : Smogon's Uber List HiveBadgeSmogon's Uber List WSmogon's Uber List CascadeBadgeSmogon's Uber List Flame
Friend Code : Trading/Breeding Code: 2407 1949 3913
Battle Code: 2321 8389 9288
Registration date : 2009-09-11

Smogon's Uber List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smogon's Uber List   Smogon's Uber List Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:25 pm

I know it's so messed up. How the heck does he go from UU to uber...especially when there are way more pokes now that can kick his arse....especially the normal version. And yeah allowing Mew is messed up...apparently some Deoxys forms aren't even uber.

I guess I'll have to discuss the list with Chris and see what his take on this is. I seriously disagree with the some of the list.
Back to top Go down
jd
Noob
Noob
jd

Male
Number of posts : 21
Friend Code : SS:2107 7377 2325
Registration date : 2011-02-26

Smogon's Uber List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smogon's Uber List   Smogon's Uber List Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:45 pm

Im happy mews not there anymore
Back to top Go down
Killah
Noob
Noob
Killah

Male
Number of posts : 1
Friend Code : 3352 0149 5697
Registration date : 2011-03-30

Smogon's Uber List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smogon's Uber List   Smogon's Uber List Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 8:04 pm

Blaziken is uber simply because of its' dream world ability (Which is not available yet!) Speed Boost. Therefore, it would make equal sense to ban the ability Speed Boost on Blaziken, but Smogon deemed that "Too complicated"

Compared to the other base 600s in OU (Jirachi and Celebi, and I guess Victini) Mew really isn't that bad. Sure, he can literally do anything you want him to, but psychic types aren't nearly as strong as they used to be. Plus, considering his stats for any one job are not truly suited for a particular role (IE sweepers deal more damage and are faster, tanks have more defense and sometimes health) he's truly the definition of "Jack of all trades, master of none"

Honestly I haven't followed the new metagame much at all, but Deoxys-D/S being unbanned is surprising. When they initially tested Deoxys-S, they considered it broken due to the dual wall strategy, involving Light Clay and using Reflect plus Light Screen to give a set-up mon 6 turns to... set up. D seemed overpowered too, but it's base HP isn't a big deal (plus it's attacks are basically nonexistant).
Back to top Go down
Prof West
Head Professor
Head Professor
Prof West

Male
Number of posts : 600
Friend Code : Black: 5157 2125 1931
3DS: 1306-5572-5528
Registration date : 2010-03-26

Smogon's Uber List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smogon's Uber List   Smogon's Uber List Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 3:55 am

Blaziken with speed boost would still get killed by bulky waters, Deoxys-S can be so annoying once it is completely set up. And at some point later on their gonna bring out Serperior in dream world which has the prevesity ability which reverses any stat changes meaning it can get unbeliavebly powerful from leaf storm.

Smogon wtf.
Back to top Go down
azz0020
Rookie
azz0020

Number of posts : 57
Friend Code : Pokemon Platinum : Azz - 4899 4775 9374
Pokemon White : Azz - 4813 6190 9695
Registration date : 2011-02-15

Smogon's Uber List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smogon's Uber List   Smogon's Uber List Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 3:46 pm

surprised that kyurem, hydreigon & salemence aren't their tbf. even if mew was banned ppl could still use lickikicky which can come close to mew's abilities
Back to top Go down
Rayquaza
Admin
Admin
Rayquaza

Male
Number of posts : 379
Friend Code : PSN : Terimaki_Chod

Registration date : 2008-04-05

Smogon's Uber List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smogon's Uber List   Smogon's Uber List Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:38 pm

Relax guys, give it time. Smogon hasn't given out its final tier list. They are still using preliminary lists and testing through Pokemon Online. Latios is the only one that should be uber, the rest aren't "too" powerfull. Like Killah said, mew can do lots of things, but not as good as others that do it. Deoxys D/S both have their weaknesses and advantages, they are easily beaten.

Some pokemon that are really hard to counter, or "broken", are just like breloom, they have a move/ability that combine with each other and become really hard to counter with just one pokemon once they are set up. They can be dealt with however with the right pokemon.

Also, about speed boost blaziken, I agree with them in the sense that it can gain speed boosts as well as set up with work up/bulk up and proceed to not only beat walls with his mixed attacking abilities, but also other fast sweepers. This would be "too" good, it would make it like an infernape but faster. Plus there isn't a priority move that is super effective against him to ohko. But I don't agree to deem blaze blaziken Uber. It has the move flame charge which will help it boost its speed, but not as effective as speed boost, and it can be easily stopped. Other speed bosters aren't as dangerous and can be killed with priority due to their weak defense or weakness to it.
Back to top Go down
https://rayquaza.forumotion.com
☠Dr Flamedog☠
Professor
☠Dr Flamedog☠

Male
Number of posts : 106
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Smogon's Uber List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smogon's Uber List   Smogon's Uber List Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:28 pm

Some of you guys might completely disagree but I dont think rayquaza should be in the ubers list despite its high stats. OU pokemon like weavile,mamoswine(ice shard), and many other faster pokemon than Rayquazas just slightly above average 95 base spd stat can kill him especially if it is a mixquaza with a -Def or -SpDef nature. And besides this is a rayquaza forum!! we should rayquaza in any battle!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Smogon's Uber List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smogon's Uber List   Smogon's Uber List Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smogon's Uber List
Page 1 of 1