Rayquaza Forum-Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rayquaza Forum-Motion

A Place For Pokémon Fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Typhlosion help!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Satoru
Noob
Noob
Satoru

Other / Decline to state
Number of posts : 24
Friend Code : 4254 5689 2763
Registration date : 2010-11-05

Typhlosion help!  Empty
PostSubject: Typhlosion help!    Typhlosion help!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:49 am

Ok for awhile I've been wanting to make a pretty decent Typhlosion. I got one with pretty ok IV's
Here they are:
31/28/30 or 29/29/24/31

and its a hasty nature (-Def, +Spd) so with Chris's help we came up with a spread like this:
74 Attack
252 Speed
184 Special Attack
(feel free to comment on the spread also if you think otherwise)

For hold items i was thinkin
Expert belt/Focus Sash/Life orb

but my problem is the moveset atm
Heres what I had in mind
Extrasensory/(Shadow claw?)- (good coverage and flinch rate for extrasensory. for shadow claw good coverage also and crit chance)
FireBlast/(Flamthrower?)- (MAIN STAB: idk if I should go with reliablilty or power: guess thats my decision huh..)
Thunderpunch- (Water of course! and expert belt of life orb will boost the power nicely. plus paralysis maybe)
Earthquake/Gyroball- (I maxed speed plus Typhlosion so gyro ball will do nice for slow grounds and rocks wont it? and EQ for other fires and electrics which do you perfer?)

Tell me what you think! Constructive Criticism is always welcome with me!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Admin
Admin
Chris

Male
Number of posts : 705
Friend Code : 1118 8172 5961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Typhlosion help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typhlosion help!    Typhlosion help!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:30 pm

Hey, just to let you know, Gyro Ball works better against faster pokemon, not slower ones. Therefore, EQ is the better choice to hit rocks with, and it gives you some coverage against fires too.

I know how much you like the idea of Extrasensory and so I reckon you should have the following move set with life orb as the hold item:

~ Earthquake
~ Thunder Punch
~ Fire Blast
~ Extrasensory

You may be wondering why I recommend Fire Blast over Flamethrower... With the life orb and lots of Sp.Atk EVs, the 'reliability vs power' battle normally ends up with power winning. This is because the the extra power Fire Blast has to offer becomes much more noticeable. I know Fire Blast has less PP, but its not as if mixed-sweeper, Typhlosion with life orb is going to last too long in battle!
Back to top Go down
Tommy
Gym Leader
Tommy

Male
Number of posts : 75
Badges : Typhlosion help!  FlameTyphlosion help!  CascadeBadgeTyphlosion help!  IcicleBadge
Friend Code : .
Platinum: 0776 0920 9240
Pearl: 4899 1078 9506
Black: 0261 0453 9781
Registration date : 2010-08-27

Typhlosion help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typhlosion help!    Typhlosion help!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:46 pm

I think you forgot to type all your IVs.
Anyways your EV spread and move-set is pretty original. I would go with Extrasensory since fighting types are everywhere nowadays. Btw shadow claw doesn't have increased crit chance.
Go with fire blast, makes the battle more fun Smile

Back to top Go down
https://rayquaza.forumotion.com/t1795-tommy-s-free-breeding-and
Chris
Admin
Admin
Chris

Male
Number of posts : 705
Friend Code : 1118 8172 5961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Typhlosion help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typhlosion help!    Typhlosion help!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:55 pm

Tommy, I think Satoru00 did type all of his IVs - I think he means that defence is 30 or 29, meaning that the IVs are either 31/28/30/29/24/31 or 31/28/29/29/24/31.

Awesome IVs by the way...

With it being a hasty nature, IV calculators may not be able to determine the exact defence IV (I've had the same issue before when checking IVs).
Back to top Go down
Satoru
Noob
Noob
Satoru

Other / Decline to state
Number of posts : 24
Friend Code : 4254 5689 2763
Registration date : 2010-11-05

Typhlosion help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typhlosion help!    Typhlosion help!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 2:10 pm

thanks for the help guys! My mistake for thinking shadow claw was a variation of night slash and that gyroball fail interpretation No

Anyway, yea I think I should go with EQ after the thought of it some more. Fire Blast will do then, since this mixed Typhlosion will probably need all the power it can get...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Typhlosion help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Typhlosion help!    Typhlosion help!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Typhlosion help!
Page 1 of 1